The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

Today I've got some Christmas tucker in. Tonight I've had lebkuchen, a mince pie and baileys hot chocolate while watching NL Christmas Vacation. Gonna have some Harvey's in a bit then maybe another mince pie. Feel really festive now compared to last week. Decorations not going up until end of the week though.

Merry Christmas my VT pals!

13 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

It might be a generational thing, but drinking games are something you usually do before going to a pub/bar/club.

It must be. Not sure if I've ever had a drink before going to the pub.

• Like 1

its dying down at my age now (32) but then so is going out at 10pm, we'll go out at 1pm and then be starting to drift off home when that crowd gets out, before that though yeah definitely, the pubs here were shit so you might as well just meet at a mates house watch the 5.30 game, get smashed, go to a bar and a club and not actually do that much drinking in them, it helps that theres been a couple of decent pubs open up and tbf if you're in a group of 5+ most pubs here are like the mary celeste so you'll take them over and get control of the tv  / juke box / pool table etc

the drinking games thing though, pubs round kiddy started kicking people out for it, you pretty much couldnt do anything in the spoons

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He's making a list

Checking it twice

Gonna find out who's naughty or nice

Santa Claus is in contravention of the Data Protection Act (1998)

Nope. Now a government agency so falls under the IPA

On 12/6/2016 at 08:30, Paddywhack said:

You wouldn't want there to be a tinsident! (like incident). haha merry christmas everyone!

Over 24 hours and no likes? Criminal!

Here, have a like for an above average pun. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Quick question for VT'ers. I wanted to get my mom and Apple TV but it's bloody expensive over there. What's a good alternative? Roku or Apple Fire stick?

Chromecast.

• Like 2

Sorry @limpid Thanks for the recommendation but I plumped for the Amazon Fire. Think that will suit her best. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/amazon-fire-tv-stick-vs-chromecast-vs-roku-streaming-stick

AMAZON FIRE TV STICK VS CHROMECAST 2 VS ROKU STREAMING STICK: PERFORMANCE AND SPECS

The Chromecast 2 really is a stripped-back, almost hub-like device that relies completely on your phone, tablet or laptop. You have to use apps on your mobile device to tell the Chromecast 2 which content it has to stream from the internet. That's not necessarily a bad thing, of course, but it doesn't make for the most welcoming living room experience.

If it's a powerful stick you're after, the Amazon Fire TV sprints out into a comfortable lead here. Its dual-core CPU is about six times more powerful than the Roku Streaming Stick's single-core equivalent, and its 1GB of RAM is double that of both its rivals. It also boasts 8GB of storage – 32 times more than the piddly 256MB offered in its rivals.

Kenneth Williams.jpeg

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Sorry @limpid Thanks for the recommendation but I plumped for the Amazon Fire. Think that will suit her best. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/amazon-fire-tv-stick-vs-chromecast-vs-roku-streaming-stick

They are different beasts. I have both and I don't use the Fire.

Christmas do at the crowne plaza next week, followed the next day with a small session with the parents before gatecrashing my wifes christmas do at the end of the week. Thankfully zero plans in the week up to Christmas.

Â