The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

I'm super organised this year. I think it's because me and the missus are buying for everyone together for the first time and she's super organised but I'll take the credit. I have all of her presents bought/planned. Just need something for my brother in law and we're set.

With regards to plans, missus is coming over for our first Christmas together, and I'm taking her to her first Villa game with the whole family on Boxing Day :)

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm super organised this year. I think it's because me and the missus are buying for everyone together for the first time and she's super organised but I'll take the credit. I have all of her presents bought/planned. Just need something for my brother in law and we're set.

With regards to plans, missus is coming over for our first Christmas together, and I'm taking her to her first Villa game with the whole family on Boxing Day :)

I'm taking my Bulgarian girlfriend to her first villa game on boxing day too. She's an architect and she's more excited about seeing the Holte End than the game. 

• Like 2

I think the first game I took my wife to was a boxing day too. 2008 when we were 2-0 down to Arsenal and pulled it back to 2-2.

After jumping up and celebrating Zat Knight's equaliser, I turned to see my missus sat down, looking up at the Holte End roof. I don't think she was interested.

Anyway, here's a cute elf to keep this on topic.

9d443db9089b9476f83cae682da865d7.jpg

I hate this time of year just because my main client suddenly realises they have money left in the budget and they have to spend it or lose it  , so December is usually a write off and  will be a case of  work , go home see the kids for a while  , back to work , home for a few hours sleep , then back to work ...

20th I'm going in for the stem cell op on my other knee , so then I get to put my feet up until the new year as we shut the office down ... 6 weeks on crutches will be a bit of a bind though as it kinda restricts what I can do ..  would usually go away for Christmas with the family but not allowed to fly so my first Christmas at home for about 15 years ,

• Like 1

the like was a nod of common ground on the first paragraph

not me liking you having shitty knees

Usual building industry Christmas spike already building up as they realise it looks a lot better to finish a job in 2016 than two weeks later in 2017. Then there's the Clients and Project Managers that think every year that if they can send out tenders on Friday 23rd December there's no reason they can't be returned on 3rd January as you will have had nearly 2 weeks to work on them.

• Like 1

christmas does get earlier but thats mainly because i have to think about how to split my wages to cover it...

for me it started a couple of weeks ago when i bought the missus present

ill then have 2 shopping sessions, 1 this sunday when i'll sit on amazon for an hour and buy 90% of mine, if its not on amazon you're not having it...then when i get paid a couple of days before christmas ill do a couple of hours in town just picking up the last few things and sweets etc

my missus works right up till 5pm on christmas eve, i reckon ill be done and in the pub by 1pm on the 21st so i'll sort my wrapping and what have you out in those couple of days whilst watching muppets and national lampoons

plastic tree will be going up sunday 4th whilst watching elf

couple of works parties, i havent got a live site this year so the bottle count might be worryingly low

52 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

On a related note, since posting that I've wondered where your username came from. I know we've had threads about that, but I can't remember seeing yours...

I'm trying to be a man of mystery. ;)

Edit: It's just surname related.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, peterms said:

Can we have the "Winterval" argument again, please?

Only if we can argue whether Power of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood is a Christmas tune or not :D

Â