The VT Christmas 2016 thread

Xela

Nice bit of christmas spirit in Blackpool.  I suppose they have a tradition of lights.

Video is worth watching, on this page.

Steve McGawley, 43, used fairy lights to draw a penis along with an obscene word on the front wall of his Rodwell Walk home in Grange Park, Blackpool...

• Like 3

Good news: we got all the food and drink shopping done.

Bad news: the missus and I both seem to be coming down with illness. Shits, nausea (probably puking before the night's out). Great **** ing timing. 

I feel your pain mjmooney. Hope its only a 24hr thing!

Was so looking forward to this Christmas, with a week off at home with the wife and kids. However, whilst visiting folks in Birmingham last weekend I got a slipped disc in my lower back, which has then manifested into severely knotted muscles in my thigh and hip and what feels like tendonitis in my ankle/shin.... 

One needs rest to recover, the other needs light exercise and stretching. I can do neither and have barely slept since. 

An osteopath unlocked my back at least and that feels fairly good. How long it lasts whilst my left leg is in shit order I do not know. 

Typically with it being Xmas, I won't get to see anyone for another 5 days due to bank hols. 

Bloody typical.

Taken from FB

My 2016 review.

Someone died

Someone died 

Someone died

Someone died 

Someone died

Stupid vote

Someone died

Someone died

Stupid vote

Someone died

Christmas

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My fears have been realised and back went again last night.... now for a cheery trip to the local hospital. 

Merry christmas one and all 

Aw shit, bad luck. Sounds a lot worse than what we've got. We did indeed spend most of the night puking and squirting fertiliser. Good job we have two bogs. Currently exhausted and hoping that the worst is over. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We did indeed spend most of the night puking and squirting fertiliser.

On the bright side, you can eat and drink as much as you like without putting weight on.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Xann said:

On the bright side, you can eat and drink as much as you like without putting weight on.

Right now, the thought of eating anything is beyond me. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

In a small village called Mellanstörms in north Sweden. It's God Jul today (one of.those pesky countries tgat celebrate it the day before ). Was concerned with all the mild weather lately I'd get no use out of all the thermal clothes I was told I had to buy but today its been snowing constantly for 24 hours (there was obviously shitloads already on thr ground but its not the same when it's actually snowing ) and its going to carry on tomorrow. However I classify it it's definitely a white christmas at last! Och God Jul to the Swedes on board!

Way north and inland, that's one of those places that can drop to -30 at times. :) Looks cosy now though. Have a good one and don't forget to have a solid shot of Bäsk!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Right now, the thought of eating anything is beyond me. 

Stock up on bog roll for the festive period. You don't want to have to use wrapping paper. 

• Like 1

Â