Pre match thread

Demitri_C

Match day here at last. Got a bit of a bitch of a journey but just catching my first train.

As for the game, I've always been a fairly optimistic person in terms of what we can get out of games but that had been killed last season. I'm allowing that optimism to return and I think we might get something.

No last minute winners though please if possible, I'm in the home end and a track record of emotions getting the better of me and celebrating a late goal.

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Quite annoyed I can't get to see this live despite living in Brighton now - need a purchasing history - but anyway I expect we will lose this. Brighton are very strong at home and are on a bit of of a roll at the moment. 

If so, it will be interesting to see how the squad, the manager, the fans, Villatalk, and of course Dr Tweet, react to a setback.

Dont worry, If Huttons in there he'll cost us at least 1 goal, Westwood (if selected) will chicken out or sideways pass a BHA player through and if Gabbbbbby comes on he'll miss a 1 on 1 sitter.

So the squad will be deflated, the manager philosophical, VT goes into meltdown and the Dr will tweet some Chineese expression with the words fight like lions in it.

Personally I'll be slagging off Hutton, Westwood, Gaby, RDM, C-Unit Tim, RL, Doug, Coombes and the Doc

Why?

Because I'm Villa and Ve (We=VT) slag off who we want to

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Dont worry, If Huttons in there he'll cost us at least 1 goal, Westwood (if selected) will chicken out or sideways pass a BHA player through and if Gabbbbbby comes on he'll miss a 1 on 1 sitter.

So the squad will be deflated, the manager philosophical, VT goes into meltdown and the Dr will tweet some Chineese expression with the words fight like lions in it.

Personally I'll be slagging off Hutton, Westwood, Gaby, RDM, C-Unit Tim, RL, Doug, Coombes and the Doc

Why?

I love the optimism here :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Why?

Brilliant! :D

Another Grasshopper post I've "liked".  Getting to be a habit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

That's a bummer and a big ask to just not find out the score. Make sure that you scowl at the people who give the score away (Partridge like), and utter the word 'Nazis' just loud enough that they might just hear you... ;)

"You people... come on Lynn these people are starting to annoy me"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Do they sell salt water taffy there?

That stuff does not exist in Britain. If it did, it would be 'toffee'. 'Taffy' is a nickname for a Welsh person.