Pre match thread

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Call me mad but I'd put Gabby on the bench what with his history in the derbies. 

You are mad! No way would I have this creep anywhere near. That gabby perished many years ago 

I see there's a minute's applause on the 21st minute for the (21) victims of the '74 IRA pub bombings.  Is this something they've done in previous derbies or is it a new 'justice for...' type campaign?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I see there's a minute's applause on the 21st minute for the (21) victims of the '74 IRA pub bombings.  Is this something they've done in previous derbies or is it a new 'justice for...' type campaign?

Can't recall it being done at a derby, but I'm pretty sure they've done this at least once at a match at VP. On a side note, I see Warwickshire will be parading the Nat West Trophy (cricket, yawn, boring, etc). Will be interesting to see what sort of reception Ian Bell gets from the great unwashed.

All the noses are being VERY quiet. I think they are very worried.  Obviously if they win we will hear an absolute din about it for weeks after and be reminded about it for years. 

If we win I have nothing to say to them. 

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Can you just imagine winning it in the last couple of minutes again? Oh how much fun would that be! 

Or this version from the Blues tier above.... priceless....

What a team we had back then :(

49 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

god that ground is a shit hole

Should of seen it when they had terracing . There is absolutely zilch that redeems that club ,even though I grew up as a city centre lad with loads of blue nose pals I never felt the desire to spend a spare Saturday afternoon in that shit - hole , it really is a depressing sight . 

I don't have any bitterness , as such towards them , that's there thing , with me it's pure indifference .

Most hostile ground he's ever been to, according to sir alex. My first memories of St. Andrews was actually on tv when they played Leeds in the semi final of the league cup in 96. I remember watching the game and thinking **** me that's a nasty place. Gary Mcallister got hit on the head with a snooker ball thrown from the crowd. It's one of those grounds that when the natives turn up and are up for it, it an horrible horrible place to play. 

On 23/10/2016 at 09:19, Gary Thomas said:

Think it helps us to have Bruce who will know exactly what to expect and will be far better prepared because of it.  We definitely can beat them - on paper and recent form we probably shade it - but it is set up to be a cracking derby, if not a cracking game.

This is a good point. Will he be the only person on either side to have any experience of this game ?  Could be crucial. 

On 23/10/2016 at 16:04, VillaBrum said:

I think that we won 4 on the trot at that time:

27 Aug 2009 v Rapid Wien won 2-1 at Home        Europa League Qualiifier

30 Aug 2009 v Fulham won 2-0 at Home Premier

13 Sep 2009 v Birmingham City won 1-0 Away Premier

19 Sep 2009 v Portsmouth won 2-0 Home           Premier

Interesting that Fulham and 'them' were two of the opposition

09-10 for 3 in a row.  Over 6 years ago,  what a disgrace. 

On 24/10/2016 at 11:39, Richard said:

I hate these games.

I hope the players play the game and not the occasion

My personal preference is that we never play them ever. 

• Like 1