Pre match thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They will try stifle us, press us hard get on our backs, physical hoping for a mistake.

Funnily enough, I'm hoping that because they're the more settled side, higher in the league and playing at home, that they might see this as the best opportunity they'll ever get to put some manners on us.  And we've seen in the last 2 games what happens to sides who let us catch them on the break.

If they attempt to park the bus and show us too much respect then I think their fans will get on their backs pretty quickly.

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Funnily enough, I'm hoping that because they're the more settled side, higher in the league and playing at home, that they might see this as the best opportunity they'll ever get to put some manners on us.  And we've seen in the last 2 games what happens to sides who let us catch them on the break.

If they attempt to park the bus and show us too much respect then I think their fans will get on their backs pretty quickly.

Or they will come at us nick a flukey goal as they do and park the bus and we will struggle to break them down 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Or they will come at us nick a flukey goal as they do and park the bus and we will struggle to break them down 

It's a pity we don't have Jack for this one.  Quite apart from the motivation a local Villa lad would have to stuff them, it's very hard to park the bus against his trickery.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Come on Villa, smash the dirtyinbredpikeybastardunwashedverminsistershaggingscum.

Will you be going to it, or do you avoid the nastiness before and afterwards?

Well this is depressing, albeit predictable.

The last time we won 3 in a row?

6af7cb55bbaa7f144971140ec4767055.png

But there's a cup in there... so the last time we won 3 league games in a row?

328527097db86926a140751885db853c.png

Sweet baby Jesus.  Over 6 years ago.  Although look who game 3 was ;)

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well this is depressing, albeit predictable.

The last time we won 3 in a row?

6af7cb55bbaa7f144971140ec4767055.png

But there's a cup in there... so the last time we won 3 league games in a row?

328527097db86926a140751885db853c.png

Sweet baby Jesus.  Over 6 years ago.  Although look who game 3 was ;)

But thats premier league, we are in new league technically so new records for us to make :mrgreen:  

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

Will you be going to it, or do you avoid the nastiness before and afterwards?

I wouldn't go to that shit hole ever again even if I was paid.

• Like 2

Attendance for this game should be low as usual. Blosers have to choose between buying a ticket, or a carton of menthol cigarettes for their kids.

2 minutes ago, PriceyDownunder said:

11pm Sunday AEST on beIN2...

My bad. I realised this a day after posting. Not my best maths moment.

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Piss poor recycled article by Brian Dick at the Birmingham Mail offering McLeish'a thoughts on the derby. Full of reused quotes from when we played them under Sherwood, hasn't even been checked as it still refers to Sherwood as manager.

Laughable rag.

Yeah I saw that, absolutely hilarious :crylaugh: