Pre match thread

Demitri_C

A draw wouldn't be a bad result, thinking logically. They're ahead of us in the table and it keeps our not losing streak up. 

But. 

Its small heath. The blousers. The scum that took the city's name. Their fans think we're now where we belong and need putting in their place. 

We need to annihilate them! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

The last time we won 3 league games in a row was in the 09-10 season. The third game in that run was small heath! :D

I think that we won 4 on the trot at that time:

27 Aug 2009 v Rapid Wien won 2-1 at Home        Europa League Qualiifier

30 Aug 2009 v Fulham won 2-0 at Home Premier

13 Sep 2009 v Birmingham City won 1-0 Away Premier

19 Sep 2009 v Portsmouth won 2-0 Home           Premier

Interesting that Fulham and 'them' were two of the opposition

I don't give a hoot what the league table says, we have a better team, I'm confident of a result. 

I never like to place to much importance on a single game, but given the season so far, and following 2 wins, this match really could serve as a spring board for the remainder of the season. 

0-2.

Kodjia and Ayew. 

I've been saying for a while that we are going to absolutely spank a team at some point given the quality of the individual players we have, would be amazing if this was the game.

Equally, we need to not underestimate that lot. They have a decent manager and have been playing fairly well this season, up until the international break at least.

if all goes well I would go for a 1-3 to Villa. Kodjia hattrick.

Most disturbingly, you just know Sky will roll out Dwight Yorke for this game. I cannot tolerate him on TV, he almost revels in the fact we are on a downer and loves to have a dig.

• Like 2

This will be shown about 10am Oztime on Monday morning, and this would normally piss me off, but I have Monday off. This could be the best Monday morning ever!

• Like 1

Thank the Lord McGrath we've found some form going into this one.  Not that it guarantees anything, but it should be a cracking game.  I'm really looking forward to Sunday :D 

They will try stifle us, press us hard get on our backs, physical hoping for a mistake. We have the better players, if we perform to our best we will win simple as. But we havent even played well yet thats the exciting thing. Once that happens I think a few teams will get a pasting. 

• Like 2