Pre match thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

how long since we put in a good performance on a match screened and commentated on by those utter clearing in the woods stains on Sky?

I think the last time we won live on sky was against... small heath

On paper we have the better team by some distance although they are currently above us in the league table. We are also the better team on current form but form often counts for little in these ding-dong derby games. Anything could happen and there might be only one goal in it if there is a winner.

Having taken all of the above into account I take us to hit the Noses with an avalanche of goals on Sunday afternoon. That will be so very hard for the knuckle-draggers to take as well as for the Albion fans who all seem to be backing Small Heath because they don't want to get beaten by us next season (assuming they stay up)! 3-0 Villa..    

Edited by John

I don't want to see violence unless by some luck Mr. Dublin and Mr. Savage are sat together. 

I'm buzzing, nervous, excited and apprehensive all in one. I love/hate derby day. I think we'll pull off a famous win though. 

Edited by Sam3773
Grammar.

7 hours ago, Dirk said:

When we played West Brom there was a pitch invasion, and they don't have as much of a rivalry with us than SHA do, so predicting a few fistfights

That wasn't really about West Brom though. That was a combination of the fact we had been awful all season and had just gotten a new manager who had won two games on the trot against a local team (think that was the second game, both were great), and the fact we were going to Wembley. I think it actually. Had very little to do with beating the carrier bags. Remember there was also an invasion against Blackburn after the classic 7-4. Turns out we just like the pitch. 

6 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I don't want to see violence unless by some luck Mr. Dublin and Mr. Savage are sat together. 

I'm buzzing, nervous, excited and apprehensive all in one. I love/hate derby day. I think we'll pull off a famous win though. 

Totally agree, it's an 8pm kick off over here tomorrow too so tomorrow is gonna drag also! It's my 12 year wedding anniversary too but thankfully my mrs understands what a huge game it is and joining me down the boozer for a curry and a few bevs. I have no idea how any of the players will get any sleep tonight. I think we will win it but it will be a tight, scrappy, nervous affair. UTV Come on you Villa boys!

4 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

That wasn't really about West Brom though. That was a combination of the fact we had been awful all season and had just gotten a new manager who had won two games on the trot against a local team (think that was the second game, both were great), and the fact we were going to Wembley. I think it actually. Had very little to do with beating the carrier bags. Remember there was also an invasion against Blackburn after the classic 7-4. Turns out we just like the pitch. 

We've been awful all of this season also, and we've just had a new manager. I agree with the Wembley point, but if there was a pitch invasion against Blackburn, surely against our biggest rivals if we win?

We must remember a important factor when a team generally scores first especially away from home we crumble. If they score first which I think they will, could be a long day. I suspect this will be a tactic rowett will install in them. 

Brucie has to ensure that if we go behind we don't fall apart