Pre match thread

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Re: WBA. In the 70s they were far more rivals to us than sha. Both clubs in the top flight, both with decent teams, while the bluescum languished far below, as is only right. So it actually was rivalry, with a modicum of mutual respect, unlike the naked hatred between us and THEM. I had (and still have) several good mates who supported the Olbiyun, and I've been to many games with them, both at VP and The Hawthorns. Whereas I have never been to the sty, never would. That's how it was then. Nowadays I couldn't comment. 

It's the "modicum of respect" thing where it falls down as a derby for me. Rivalry yes, derby no. Maybe I've been spoiled by the real thing, actual genuine hatred for small heath. I followed The Villa for 10 years before we first played them too, so it's not like it's all I've ever known. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's the "modicum of respect" thing where it falls down as a derby for me. Rivalry yes, derby no. Maybe I've been spoiled by the real thing, actual genuine hatred for small heath. I followed The Villa for 10 years before we first played them too, so it's not like it's all I've ever known. 

Yes, I think I agree. It was never a true derby game, hence the relative lack of bad vibes. We reserved our hatred for sha, and they reserved theirs for Wolves. I liked it that there were two west midland clubs doing OK, so long as one of them wasn't sha. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

zulu%20movie_zps4mfxsfnl.gif

I've seen this movie before, relax. We've got this.

Men of Aston , march to glory, victory is hov'ring o're ye,
Bright-eyed freedom stands before ye, hear ye not her call?

Very nervous about tomorrow. Derby games mean logic goes out the window and I'm concerned that a bad result tomorrow might kill the momentum we have going right now.  Really wish this game was over.

And me. The noses mouthing off big time and it will be SO sweet to beat them. Bruce will have them prepared for this, I am sure of that, and our players are more than good enough to beat them.  Let's give them a hiding. SOTC, VTD.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I wasn't being tongue in cheek, I was serious. That's what the last few years of Villa have done to me. I feel that Bruce is an improvement on recent managers, and will turn it round in the end, but right now the squad is still way too fragile and error-prone. Obviously, I dearly hope I'm wrong, but all I can see is a Sunday evening of bitter, angry postings on here after another collapse. I won't be watching it, I feel too sick. I'll check the result with trepidation at full time. 

If you are being so negative about being positive, I guess that makes you neutral. :)

One look at their **** little forum, (I know, I know), is enough to make you vomit. We had better be up for this because they certainly will be. All 20,000 of them. :)

3 points here and Bruce becomes an instant hero. Could be the catalyst to promotion even. Massive, massive game. 

Come On Villa!!

• Like 2