Pre match thread

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We went into it under Sherwood and got a win. The mind boggles how we did that.

I still cant believe our worst ever side still beat them :lol:

I just get concerned at the experience factor, half of the team never would have experienced a derby like this, I just hope they dont fall to pieces. Can see someone like ayew losing his temper and getting a red if things go against us like i they generally do at the sty. . 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still cant believe our worst ever side still beat them :lol:

I just get concerned at the experience factor, half of the team never would have experienced a derby like this, I just hope they dont fall to pieces. Can see someone like ayew losing his temper and getting a red if things go against us like i they generally do at the sty. . 

Hopefully Bruce is the equaliser of that. He has immense experience of these derbies and as such will be able to pass that on to the team. (I hope).

Right then, I think I'd set up like this:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester   Baker   Amavi

Bacuna     Jedinak    Gardner

Adomah    Codger    Ayew

We can have Adomah and Ayew drop back to give us a five man midfield if we're under the kosh, but if not we can keep those three higher up and have Amavi (and to a lesser extend Hutton) to give more width in attack.

0-1 Villa - Ayew worldy on 60th Min.

• Like 2

Gabby a dramatic late substitution

118k860.jpg (352×196)

• Like 3

Urgh,

You know what, I really don't want this to be a draw. Win or lose for me. Go all out for the win.

I'm nervous already, and it's horrible.

Though, apparently they've been terrible lately, and the left back is injured, so Paul Robinson (remember him?) will be playing as left back, or they will have to change to a 3 at the back formation which they've never done before.

So either way, Adomah, Ayew or Kodja on Robinson please Bruce. 

I know all this 'cos my brother is a bluenose, and he thinks they're going to get absolutely smashed by us. 

Just now, Brumerican said:

Small Queef are at home and they are above us in the table.

They are 2/1 at the bookies and we are 6/4 ???:huh::huh:

On 24/10/2016 at 13:53, BOF said:

For some slightly odd reason, we seem to be the bookies favourites for this one :blink:

If I was to try and explain it.  They're coming off a fairly poor defeat.  We've just turned a corner, and on paper we're potentially very good.  Arguably a lot better than they are.  So it's the bookie as usual just protecting themselves from the payout.  But yeah it is still slightly odd.

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

On an unrelated note.  With Norwich & Brentford both losing at home last weekend, we are now the sole unbeaten home team in the league :hooray:

Fortress Villa Park.

As long as we dont lose to Cardiff as thats my next home game I am going to 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

If I was to try and explain it.  They're coming off a fairly poor defeat.  We've just turned a corner, and on paper we're potentially very good.  Arguably a lot better than they are.  So it's the bookie as usual just protecting themselves from the payout.  But yeah it is still slightly odd.

It has been like this all season . I'm pretty sure we have been favourites regardless of league position, opposition and whether we play at home or away !

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Right then, I think I'd set up like this:

Gollini

Hutton   Chester   Baker   Amavi

Bacuna     Jedinak    Gardner

Adomah    Codger    Ayew

We can have Adomah and Ayew drop back to give us a five man midfield if we're under the kosh, but if not we can keep those three higher up and have Amavi (and to a lesser extend Hutton) to give more width in attack.

0-1 Villa - Ayew worldy on 60th Min.

Why Hutton?

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Because he is the only fit right back available

We could bring Tshibola into midfield and drop Bacuna in at rightback.  Given that the noses' left winger is supposed to be one of their better players, I think I'd trust Bacuna a bit more than Hutton positionally.  Although I use the term 'trust' there about as loosely as I ever have.