January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

Gianluigi Donnarumma, Jan Oblak and Jack Butland are all 23 or under. I wouldn't be turning my nose up at any player because they're too young so long as we believe they can handle the starting job. Even experienced players make the odd mistake.

There will always be the odd exception, plus keepers of their stature wont be coming here anytime soon.  So we are onto the next level down.

True that everyone can make mistakes though, its just that older keepers who have been through it before may tend to be better at dealing with it.

Not that he wouldn't have known beforehand, but I think that game when he hauled off Westwood and Gardner at half time really opened Bruce's eyes to how shit our midfield is and why it needed a complete overhaul. Hence why we are also after this Icelandic guy

• Like 2

I love a good signing out of the blue. As much as i love following transfer news early, there was always something rewarding about checking teletext to see we had signed a player! Bjarnason has an element of a signing out of nowhere, which is great.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. I think with the added work rate of Lansbury, Hourihane and Bjarnason we will see a high pressing game, similar to what we saw be so effective away at Brighton. With Adomah and Kodjia chasing and harrying too, and a front 5 seemingly all carrying a goal threat. What is this witchcraft?!

• Like 1