January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Who's the third in then? Taylor is in as part of the Ayew deal, and I'm assuming Hogan is one of the 99 or 95%, so who's the other?

I don't think its Bedeau as I would expect the good doc to show  that as a sale and loan back.

Edited by Godders
Phone.
  • Like 1

I know this has nothing to do with transfers, and will get lost in all the excitement of the day, but I was excited this morning because I just realised that my left hand is a bit bigger than my right.

Have a nice day.

Edited by lapal_fan

2 hours ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

Exactly. If you buy a team full of championship players you end up with a championship team. Which is why we are buying Tekkers. :D

If you build a team of championship players it can work out, Leicester & Southampton but in general 70% of time teams will struggle in the prem when they have a championship team, which is when we should be looking at adding 4 or 5 premiership quality players to compliment the squad and keep us at that level instead of another rebuild. I think some of the players we have now are better than we have had in years, especially midfield 

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

To be fair, seeing the way that Moyes is 'building' a team at Sunderland, im incredibly glad we didnt choose him! Safe to say richards would be a starter. 

That's more than a tad unfair on Moyes. He's had both arms tied behind his back by the Sunderland owner. Must be kicking himself that he turned us down with the transfer activity at the Villa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa Stu said:

If you build a team of championship players it can work out, Leicester & Southampton but in general 70% of time teams will struggle in the prem when they have a championship team, which is when we should be looking at adding 4 or 5 premiership quality players to compliment the squad and keep us at that level instead of another rebuild. I think some of the players we have now are better than we have had in years, especially midfield 

Not everyone starts off at United or Arsenal.

In fact a lot of players in the current England set up played in the Championship or lower.

Hart, Heaton, McCarthy, Butland.

Clyne, Stones, Walker, Jagielka, Keane, Cresswell, Smalling.

Lallana, Walcott, Drinkwater, Ox, Alli, Antonio, Delph.

Vardy.

All these players were contracted to Championship or lower clubs. There is some quality there if you can find it and players have the correct attitudes.

14 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I know this has nothing to do with transfers, and will get lost in all the excitement of the day, but I was excited this morning because I just realised that my left hand is a bit bigger than my right.

Have a nice day.

When it gets to the 12 it'll start being on the right.

(this is a really clever joke guys, I hope you understand it x)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Godders said:

Who's the third in then? Taylor is in as part of the Ayew deal, and I'm assuming Hogan is one of the 99 or 95%, so who's the other?

I don't think its Bedeau as I would expect the good doc to show  that as a sale and loan back.

I cant even imagine what the formula for that would look like

4 minutes ago, striker said:

That's more than a tad unfair on Moyes. He's had both arms tied behind his back by the Sunderland owner. Must be kicking himself that he turned us down with the transfer activity at the Villa.

But he knew what he was signing up for. It was clear as day that him choosing sunderland as the place to rebuild his career was bonkers. I'd much prefer Bruce in charge of transfers than Moyes. 

53 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Maybe Rhodes has an attitude problem? Club maybe asked around and were advised look elsewhere after McCormack incident?

Rhodes has a fantastic goalscoring record but for him to stay in the championship so long and then finally get promoted with Boro but not get a look in there is bizarre especially when they aren't scoring goals.

Boro are still probably looking too much for him?

1 minute ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

But he knew what he was signing up for. It was clear as day that him choosing sunderland as the place to rebuild his career was bonkers. I'd much prefer Bruce in charge of transfers than Moyes. 

His ego got in the way.  It seemed from the start that Moyes didn't see himself as a Championship manager.  I'm glad he didn't.  For what it's worth neither do I, but not in the same way he doesn't.

Here David, I wonder does Rafa see himself as a Championship manager? :trollface: