January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

4 out potentially. Well thats interesting. I would imagine that the outs will be as satisfying as the ins

That should certainly shake it all about. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Why did Kievan feel the need to publish that?  There maybe was truth in it from a club perspective and they are getting out there that he isnt going.  In fairness why would anyone with any ambition sign for Boro.  Especially if you are a attacking player under their manager.

Or maybe there wasn't.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I like to think this was all Xia.

Steve Bruce: "So I want three players, only three but these three"

Tony Xia: "It is done! Only three though? How unambitious of you, I thought I hired a winner"

Steve Bruce: "Umm, err... Well I have plans to buy all the Barnsley players..."

Tony Xia: "That's more like it! Get to work!"

Now I can't confirm any of this, but a friend of a friend that was in line at Tesco overheard someone else telling this exact story so it must be true. 

I read Tony's bits in the voice of Amy Wong's father from Futurama.

futurama-leoinez.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=cli

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Would love Helder Costa from Benfica who's on loan at Wolves. I heard he had a £13m clause in his contract, not sure how true.

I'd be very surprised if he signed for Wolves. He's a class act, a lot of Premier League teams will be after him. 

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I like how Bruce said at the start of the window that we would only make 2 or 3 additions and has now decided to buy the entire league! :D

Was thinking the same! :D

I'm glad that hasn't been the case.

AdTech Ad

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/aston-villa-to-rival-championship-duo-for-league-2-starlet/

Sky Bet Championship side Aston Villa are targeting a late move for Exeter City’s ace Ollie Watkins, according to the Daily Star.

The 21-year-old centre forward is one of most highly rated and highly sought after young starlets in the Football League and has been linked with a move to the Championship.

Promotion chasing duo Brighton and Hove Albion and Derby County have both previously been heavily linked with the Exeter City academy graduate, according to this report.

However, it has emerged that Aston Villa are now targeting the 21-year-old forward who has nine goals and six assists in twenty-five Sky Bet League 2 appearances.

Reports suggested that Ollie Watkins could potentially be a successor to Jack Grealish, who has been linked with a move to the Premier League.

However, the report in the Star indicates that Derby County are favourites.

Aston Villa are hoping that they can steal in and win the battle to sign the highly rated youngster.

It is looking increasingly likely that Ollie Watkins will leave Exeter City in this transfer window to the Championship, however, it is yet to be seen if it will be Brighton, Derby or Aston Villa.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 2

I think Watkins and Bedeau are good targets, would rather those then we spank a load of cash on Barrow, Rhodes and Taylor.

although i confess i have nothing against signing Rhodes, just fear a lot of his reputation is in the past.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Barrow looks exciting but I worry about a lack of end product! 

As for Taylor, good player, but surely a championship club can't warrant having both Taylor and Amavi? 

Amavi off for big money maybe? 

That had been my concern as well. 

19 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I think Watkins and Bedeau are good targets, would rather those then we spank a load of cash on Barrow, Rhodes and Taylor.

although i confess i have nothing against signing Rhodes, just fear a lot of his reputation is in the past.

I'd be happy with both Rhodes and Taylor. Barrow I'm not so keen on.

Personally, I would make a play for Ulloa. He's the player Gestede wishes he was. Big, strong, fantastic in the air, has scored goals at this level and gives us a different option than what we currently have. 

We have players who can deliver a ball now, we even have a couple of wingers, we should perhaps sign somebody who can do something with that?

It would rely on Leicester getting another striker according to Ranieri. I've no idea what kind of player they are targeting so I can't really comment on how likely that is, but it could well be a deadline day deal. If not, perhaps we could persuade them to loan him to us? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Being Exeter based I watch a lot of City games and I'd be delighted if he came to Villa, very talented kid and getting better and better.

last weeks highlights sum him up 3 assists and you won't see many better than the first, that touch!

Edited by DevonVilla
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You're not one of the +50% are you mate? can never have too much experience in the squad.

I used to play right back. I was shit. But I seriously could cross a ball better than Hutton. 

• Like 3