January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Such a weird one. Said it before, but he gets released from Leyton Orient in the summer, plays a handful of games for Bury and then we swoop in for him?!

I'm not saying he will be as good as him (Gollini thread with De Gea!) but Smalling springs to mind.

59 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Such a weird one. Said it before, but he gets released from Leyton Orient in the summer, plays a handful of games for Bury and then we swoop in for him?!

Agree. One of my mates is an avid Bury fan who goes week in week out and says although he's good for them he doesn't see him worth £750k. However, as they are really struggling for cash they'll snap our hands off.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Why did Kievan feel the need to publish that?  There maybe was truth in it from a club perspective and they are getting out there that he isnt going.  In fairness why would anyone with any ambition sign for Boro.  Especially if you are a attacking player under their manager.

Because some guy on FB was saying Kevin had told him it might happen. He was making it up so Kev done his bit to set our minds at rest. Also partly due to a few villa fans making silly comments questioning Jacks loyalty, etc

• Like 1

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

4 out potentially. Well thats interesting. I would imagine that the outs will be as satisfying as the ins

Ayew and Ross with maybe some forgotten players. Hopefully Richards and Ashley. 

I'm not sure we should rule out a player like Barrow.

I remember covering a few Southampton games, way back when. They had Puncheon and Antonio, both looked absolutely awful. Good pace but wasteful most of the time. I also remember Lallana being a decent player but nothing like what he is now - possibly England's best midfielder a lot of the time.

Speaking of south coast teams, Chaplin at Portsmouth looks a very good player. I'd like to bring him in.