January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

"We know what we're doing. We'll make the decision that's best for the club, even if it's not what the fanbase want."

Is what I've taken that to mean. No room for sentimentality in football (or business in general really).

2 minutes ago, Godders said:

"We know what we're doing. We'll make the decision that's best for the club, even if it's not what the fanbase want."

Is what I've taken that to mean. No room for sentimentality in football (or business in general really).

That's my reading of his post to but it's open to interpretation - either way can't see jack being interested in boro or them offering a fee anywhere near acceptable .

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've enquired about Darron Gibson.

I don't know how serious we were or even if this was before our recent signings, I only know that it happened. 

Injury prone and would undo a very good window for Villa. Villa have signed better already.

48 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We've enquired about Darron Gibson.

I don't know how serious we were or even if this was before our recent signings, I only know that it happened. 

Are we looking for a drinking partner for McCormack?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Godders said:

Unless you want to amble along aimlessly.

Sentiment can get in the way of good decision making.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really would not want Jack to go, but honestly, is he as good as or have the potential to be as good as we think without the Claret tainted glasses?

When he first came into the team, he looked to have a really good footballing brain, he seemed to see the right pass better than our other players. He also had a great touch a a good range of passing.

He however lacked the legs and tenacity needed in midfield. 

Recently the footballing brain seems to have weakened and he still needs to improve his work rate on the pitch. 

This is all stuff that can be improved by attitude and hard work, the coaching staff should see through the day to day training whether they think Grealish has currently the right attitude, or is likely to change it, if he hasn't.

We as fans, can only really speculate what he's like in his head, and that's the important thing the management have to be able to judge right.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Boro after Grealish?

How come they're trying to sign all our players?

I personally don't think he's done enough to prove he warrants a place in our team, so surprised to see a premier league club come in for him.

I think he would flourish now with better players around him so hope he sticks around, we've been expecting too much from him - I think because there's nobody else who is creative in the squad up until now.

Who were the three that made villasborough in the nineties, Boateng, Ehiogue and ???

6 minutes ago, perchman said:

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Boro after Grealish?

How come they're trying to sign all our players?

I personally don't think he's done enough to prove he warrants a place in our team, so surprised to see a premier league club come in for him.

I think he would flourish now with better players around him so hope he sticks around, we've been expecting too much from him - I think because there's nobody else who is creative in the squad up until now.

Maybe they were watching Hutton and thought

"who's the guy with the haircut?"

They need someone to sell a few shirts - ugly bunch at M'boro atm

As much as I like jack , I think it would be best to let him move on. I think he has been built up a bit too much. He has a swagger about him but not really much end product , it could be the players around him or the pressure of playing for Aston villa holding him back. It might be that he's just not that good!

I want him to succeed and wouldn't want to sell him but he really hasn't done much this season to justify selection.

That may change with following new signings but despite that he still needs to work harder to fulfil his potential. Hopefully things will change for him with the right players in the team.

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Really would not want Jack to go, but honestly, is he as good as or have the potential to be as good as we think without the Claret tainted glasses?

Is letting him go and finding out he is really a good idea though? 

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Is letting him go and finding out he is really a good idea though? 

Was just thinking out loud, on a rethink it would be absurd at his age, and especially not in part exchange for Jordan Rhodes ffs. Only way we should allow that is if we have Depay or some wonderkid incoming.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just thinking out loud, on a rethink it would be absurd at his age, and especially not in part exchange for Jordan Rhodes ffs. Only way we should allow that is if we have Depay or some wonderkid incoming.

Cahill still haunts me.

• Like 2

Rhodes for Grealish would really piss on my transfer window chips.  Please don't do it.

I've seen FFP as being an issue, but surely we can wait till the end of the season, see where we are then and THEN make the call to cash in on assets if we need to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

In a team where some more people were on his wavelength and gave good options when he was on the ball, and gave more support in the case of him losing the ball, then I think you'd start seeing more end product. Both because he would have someone to pass to and because he woudl feel more confident in taking his man on because losing the ball would not automatically mean we were in trouble.

+ we now have players who can take a good free kick and whatever his weaknesses, Jack wins those in spades.

• Like 3