January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I like the fact we're making early moves in the market, they've prepared and seem to have a good idea of what we need to kick on. It's nice having faith in the people running the club for a change. 

I imagine Johnstone is done, still looking at Jenkinson, one of the purchases may hopefully be Hourihane; and other than that, who knows?!

I can't wait to see how the squad looks come Brentford away on 31st (assuming the window closes on 31st).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is this johnstone any better then Gollini?

Hes not what id be looking for tbh.  Is experience a swearword with goalkeepers now?

Just look at how good Green is for Leeds...you cant put a price on that for me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Hes not what id be looking for tbh.  Is experience a swearword with goalkeepers now?

Just look at how good Green is for Leeds...you cant put a price on that for me!

Read the man UTD forums. Seems very highly rated. His kicking is suspect but his positioning shot making is good. They were happy for him to be back up to De Gea. Impressed on loan for Preston. Think he will be good for us. Also rumoured to be with a view to permanent for just 2 million.

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Johnstone 

Jenkinson

Hourihane

Lansbury

Rhodes

Are those the 5 we've been linked with mostly? Not a bad list there. 

Don't think we've been linked with Lansbury except posters on here saying they want him to be honest. 

Think it's pretty much the same with Hourihane too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't think we've been linked with Lansbury except posters on here saying they want him to be honest. 

Think it's pretty much the same with Hourihane too. 

AgentDave on twitter mentioned we had bid for him yesterday I seem to recall...

this is all I could find though

I firmly believe his intentions and there's truth to what he's tweeting.

So I hope it doesn't bite him in the arse and he cops flak if we get done by any number of things on these deals.

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's, like, anti-credible ;)

I don't understand your basis for this. He's got a decent record of getting things right and comes across honest and admits when things don't work out rather than making excuses.

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I don't understand your basis for this. He's got a decent record of getting things right and comes across honest and admits when things don't work out rather than making excuses.

Does he? Fair enough. I'll admit my comment was based on his reputation on here rather than a systematic analysis of his output. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Admits when they don't work out? Sweet. I'm going to hop onto twitter, link us to random players and then say "sorry lads, contract negotiations fell through".

• Like 2