Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

you can't keep changing your manager twice a season and expect things to magically improve.  

I'm not aiming critisism at you.

But going with that sentence.

Imagine this train of thought.

We are on a bad run, so we replace Bruce with Bruce, give it a few more games then replace Bruce with Bruce.

Senario 1) - So every 4/5 games we replace Bruce with Bruce who replaces Bruce soon to be replaced by Bruce till the end of the season. that would mean something like 6/7 manager changes but things remaining the same. Disclaimer - effectively Keeping Bruce on regardless

Senario 2) - Now if we plan to replace Bruce with Manager C (equally a flop) 4 games later then replace manager C with D, D with E and so on till the end of the season we'll have also changed 6/7 Managers.

Now of those 2 senarios which one gives us the increased possibility to find the right manager?

But hey. Wtf! lets keep him and see what happens. L1 is closer than you think

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KHV said:

4-4-2 has disaster written all over it

That's interesting, why would you think that? A 4-diamond-2 should suit us very well now in my view, particularly at home: 

LANSBURY

BJARNASON           HOURIHANE

GREALISH

Width from Hutton and Taylor or Amavi.

Kodija looks better when he isn't the lone striker. Play him off Hogan and let him roam, drawing defenders out creating space for Hogan. Grealish and Hourihane will find him!

Other option in a flat 4-4-2 might be: 

ADOMAH     LANSBURY    HOURIHANE    GREEN

Edited by ViewFromT2

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

L1 is closer than you think

This is why we must keep Bruce for at least till the end of the season, and preferably till Christmas.

the massive turnover as staff at all levels is mainly the reason why we are so close to being relegated.

33 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is why we must keep Bruce for at least till the end of the season, and preferably till Christmas.

the massive turnover as staff at all levels is mainly the reason why we are so close to being relegated.

Why MUST we keep him until the end of the season??? Should that be regardless of results and league position??? Christmas 2017 is an odd decision point too? Imagine that Bruce limps in around 12th this season, why would we want to start with him next season and why would it be preferable to then allow him to bumble along until Christmas?? Make no sense at all

For me he's got three games to turn it round. If he doesnt, bring Little in as caretaker until the end of the season and find a new manager in the summer (hopefully Wagner).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It is a rhetorical cry of despair ,and don't for one minute ,tell me there is something ridiculous about that .

Rhetorical eh?  7.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

That's interesting, why would you think that? A 4-diamond-2 should suit us very well now in my view, particularly at home: 

LANSBURY

BJARNASON           HOURIHANE

GREALISH

Width from Hutton and Taylor or Amavi.

Kodija looks better when he isn't the lone striker. Play him off Hogan and let him roam, drawing defenders out creating space for Hogan. Grealish and Hourihane will find him!

Other option in a flat 4-4-2 might be: 

ADOMAH     LANSBURY    HOURIHANE    GREEN

So is Lansbury filling in for the DM?

is he an enforcer.....is he really combatitive?

is he the ball winning midfielder to switch defence to attack?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

As we speak.....I still think we have a midfield problem.

We have signed some decent players and ones I do not regret......but we lack defensive capability in the midfield.

we have some talented lads, but who is winning the ball for them?

We have one in Jedinak, but in our position, we can well do with him playing.

I still to date think the balance is not right.

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Why MUST we keep him until the end of the season??? Should that be regardless of results and league position??? Christmas 2017 is an odd decision point too? Imagine that Bruce limps in around 12th this season, why would we want to start with him next season and why would it be preferable to then allow him to bumble along until Christmas?? Make no sense at all

For me he's got three games to turn it round. If he doesnt, bring Little in as caretaker until the end of the season and find a new manager in the summer (hopefully Wagner).

Why? You might as well let Bruce, whom we are paying generously, bumble on to the end of the season or until we employ a new manager, whichever comes first.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Is it okay for me to contact my brief , you seem dreadfully serious, so for the moment it's "no comment " from me .

Serious? What's so serious about asking who you would have appointed with a more impressive cv at this level than bruce?

What a bizarre post

No one on this forum is happy with the performances that have been on display of late....and I mean no one.

but who is this mythical manager that is so qualified to save us from ourselves...before he has even been appointed.?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Apparently, such matters do not qualify for legal aid . How bizarre is that ? 

So basically there isn't one

you are aware responding on a forum to a question doesn't require legal representation :)

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

No one on this forum is happy with the performances that have been on display of late....and I mean no one.

but who is this mythical manager that is so qualified to save us from ourselves...before he has even been appointed.?

I think Bruce should be replaced.  It's time.  But I am a fan, gainfully employed in a non-sport role.  I am not a paid board member.  The fact that I do not know every potential manager in the universe, their experiences, strengths, weaknesses, records, wage demands, etc, does not mean that I am wrong about replacing Bruce being in the best interest of the club.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Apparently, such matters do not qualify for legal aid . How bizarre is that ? 

'I, too, would like an answer to the question dem asked.' In my least serious voice possible

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Exactly.  More importantly screaming for the next manager or player or anything the moment things go pear shaped is fuelling the real problem at the club.  

You alluded to it in an earlier post about individuals winning their battles rather relying on others to cover for them and bailing them out.  There is a fundemtal lack of individual and collective responsibility across the board.

You might consider that making Bruce responsible and sacking him is exactly that but it's not it's exactly the opposite.  Do you think Bruce wont bounce back from this and simply get a job elsewhere.  Of course he will he's proven at this level. So where's the pain wheres the hard work where's the responsibility.  He could simply walk away citing impossible job.  No one can fix villa.  Let the next guy try. 

This spreads to the players as well.  If an idividual has a bad game or a bad run they're not thinking ive got to raise my game ive got to strain every sinew to win every battle in the next game.  I've got to fight.  They're thinking hmm the fans want me out.  This is hard.  Why should i bother.  I'll just keep turning up and earning my cash until i get out of here.  The good ones get a move the poor ones just go through the motions.  

So in short this is currently crap but don't give the manager and players the easy out.  Nail the responsibilty to the everyone of them.  Give them a hard time for not running themselves into the ground or going 100%. but dont give Bruce the easy out of resigning because he's fighting a losing battle. 

Â