Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Last in a long list of distinguished  managers, with’Big ‘in front of their names

The order goes Ron, Mal and Sam way behind.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, choffer said:

I wonder if Steve will busy himself picking fights with people who criticise his boy online now. 

Requires basic digital skills, unfortunately. 

Brucie’s a typewriter kind of guy. 

6 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Nah, none of these new fangled, work of the Devil word writing machines,  a quill and ink pot for our Steve 

23 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Maybe he can ask ‘arry if Rosie can help him with the computer. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Nah, none of these new fangled, work of the Devil word writing machines,  a quill and ink pot for our Steve 

I always imagined a fat finger and chilli sauce, and he just licks the mistakes clean.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong, Bruce is not a favourite of mine, but I don't get all the ill feeling and insults.  He was brought to our club when we were an absolute s**tshow both on and off the field.  A broke, dishonest charlatan of an owner, a succession of "executives" who didn't have a clue what they were doing and a group of players (they weren't a team) that was led by an out of condition "captain" who had rebelled/downed-tools against a succession of managers.  If we had continued on the trajectory that existed before his arrival we'd probably have finished up in League One and the investment by Wes and Nas would never have happened.  He wasn't great and some of his decision making was bizarre to say the least, but he did at least stabilize things to the point of getting us to a play-off final and brought in a few players that served us well.  SJM from Hibs was perhaps the deal of the lot. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Don't get me wrong, Bruce is not a favourite of mine, but I don't get all the ill feeling and insults.  He was brought to our club when we were an absolute s**tshow both on and off the field.  A broke, dishonest charlatan of an owner, a succession of "executives" who didn't have a clue what they were doing and a group of players (they weren't a team) that was led by an out of condition "captain" who had rebelled/downed-tools against a succession of managers.  If we had continued on the trajectory that existed before his arrival we'd probably have finished up in League One and the investment by Wes and Nas would never have happened.  He wasn't great and some of his decision making was bizarre to say the least, but he did at least stabilize things to the point of getting us to a play-off final and brought in a few players that served us well.  SJM from Hibs was perhaps the deal of the lot. 

Nah, disagree completely with the whole ‘safe hands’, ‘stabilising’ us and so on. He was a terrible manager, who played awful football and never understood the club, nor the fans. He managed and talked like we were small club underdogs in the freaking championship.

If anything, him losing that playoff final might have been the biggest blessing in disguise in retrospect.

• Like 4

Â