Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 10/10/2022 at 16:53, theboyangel said:

He’s probably manufactured the sack so he can rest up and take over from Southgate post World Cup… 

suddenly nuclear Armageddon doesn’t appear to be a bad option 

Ashes in less than a year, that’ll be it. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 07:43, rjw63 said:

Kinnell, another nice big payoff.

To be fair to him (with us anyway) he had a yearly rolling contract. Which kept his severance compo at a years salary.  No idea how much West brom has to pay him.

Surprised they binned him tbh. I dont know who they can get who is better. Its a pretty small and unimportant club. Dont know which other proven Championship managers they think they can get.

edit:

Carlos Corberan I guess?

_127047360_shutterstock_editorial_128779

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

To be fair to him (with us anyway) he had a yearly rolling contract. Which kept his severance compo at a years salary.  No idea how much West brom has to pay him.

Surprised they binned him tbh. I dont know who they can get who is better. Its a pretty small and unimportant club. Dont know which other proven Championship managers they think they can get.

edit:

Carlos Corberan I guess?

_127047360_shutterstock_editorial_128779

Roy Keane has been linked :P  

Can see Wilder going there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Without going down the rabbit hole, he stopped a lot of rot at Villa (I think RDM would have had us in a relegation scrap) bought in Terry and got Grealish playing. (He also saw exactly what McCormack was and I think he binned Gabby.)

Yes, I agree with all the bad stuff, but for the above, the 1st away win in 18 months, and showing up when BOTH of his parents had died, puts some credit in the bank with me.

Nothing to do with Villa. I’m talking about his side hustle of being a slum landlord. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Keeps getting sacked so why does he keep being offered jobs? 

its one of the few professions where you can be shit at your job and keep getting pay-offs and other jobs off the back of it! 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

its one of the few professions where you can be shit at your job and keep getting pay-offs and other jobs off the back of it! 

The most confusing part of all that its a multi million pound industry and getting a job involves no background checks

When do West Brom lose their parachute payments. Promotions becomes infinitely more difficult without a financial advantage. Bruce has really dropped the ball with this one.

Edited by pas5898

22 hours ago, daft said:

Honestly, the biggest crime in that revelation is the sentence structure. Should be straight to the gallows for that.

Journalists love to try to cram as much information as possible into absurdly long non-defining relative clauses. If a reader gets to the end of the extra info and then needs to go back to the start of the sentence to remember how it started, that's a problem. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

He’s not a nice guy. That’s his media facade. He’s a massive word removed. 

He had some rough times at villa with his personal life . He isn’t a bad bloke at all . Some of the abuse he received were by massive word removes. He did a job at villa which was needed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He had some rough times at villa with his personal life . He isn’t a bad bloke at all . Some of the abuse he received were by massive word removes. He did a job at villa which was needed. 

so being a slum landlord is OK?

As soon as he’s gone the boggies win away at a decent Reading side pushing for play off place and they themselves are now out of the relegation zone. 

He really is a crap manager. 

• 2 months later...

West Brom have won 9 league games out of 13 since Bruce was sacked. With a 2.08 PPG.

They won 12 times in the 29 games before he was appointed. With a 1.55 PPG.

Bruce managed 7 wins in the 30 matches he was in charge for. With a 1.1 PPG.

Sublime stuff.

• Haha 4

Â