Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

In fairness, if he's commuting from Cheshire, it's possible to be less than an hour from the Albion training ground - it's not a great look, but he's asking the players to live 10 or 15 minutes nearer than he does, it's not like he's flying in from the South of France.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, if he's commuting from Cheshire, it's possible to be less than an hour from the Albion training ground - it's not a great look, but he's asking the players to live 10 or 15 minutes nearer than he does, it's not like he's flying in from the South of France.

If he had his way he could probably work from home while he is ticking off something else on the bucket list

So have Bruce bought up some properties in the neighborhood he's trying to rent out?

Trying to get into the market a step or 2 above him slum houses this time and force his players to move in .

Edited by sne

To be fair why would he have to live closer to the training ground.

He doesn't do any **** work. He could not turn up the entire week and wouldn't be missed.

As far as I can tell his role at Villa was to stand on the side "overseeing" the training once or twice a week and telling the lads if they win on Saturday you won't have to come in till Wednesday.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He doesn't do any **** work. He could not turn up the entire week and wouldn't be missed.

As far as I can tell his role at Villa was to stand on the side "overseeing" the training once or twice a week and telling the lads if they win on Saturday you won't have to come in till Wednesday.

It's kind of telling about the state of English football below the traditional "top 4" up until maybe 2015? As he was coasting as a fairly competent and occasionally good manager for much of the 2000's using his methods.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's kind of telling about the state of English football below the traditional "top 4" up until maybe 2015? As he was coasting as a fairly competent and occasionally good manager for much of the 2000's using his methods.

Pretty much. You listen to podcasts and interviews with all the "old" pros (not even old pros) and it really is no wonder the entire football world was laughing at us up until very recently. No coaching. Days off. Even when the diet came in and the alcohol went out the coaching was lightyears behind.

You watch a PL game from even just a decade or so ago, or a bit further back the Arsenal United rivarly and the game was archaic.

I think Southgate is riding off the coattails of a massive shift in coaching culture.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm not even sure it matters where the players live. Surely it's their business how long they spend travelling (especially as they'll be doing it anyway for games), as long as they are on time for training that's all that matters. They won't suddenly become Prime Ronaldo by spending a little less time sat in luxury whilst driving a £200k motor. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

I'm not even sure it matters where the players live. Surely it's their business how long they spend travelling (especially as they'll be doing it anyway for games), as long as they are on time for training that's all that matters. They won't suddenly become Prime Ronaldo by spending a little less time sat in luxury whilst driving a £200k motor. 

Alan Wrights Ferrari got him injured 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Alan Wrights Ferrari got him injured 

I'd presume clutches aren't quite as heavy nowadays. 

That story also sounds like nonsense and a cover up for something else to me but I'm being cynical. 

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd presume clutches aren't quite as heavy nowadays. 

That story also sounds like nonsense and a cover up for something else to me but I'm being cynical. 

• Haha 1

Â