Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

First manager to lose against blose in almost 20 years for wba.

Shambles 😂

Well they hardly actually play but was 2006 and played less than ten times since then

Birmingham City 1-0 West Bromwich Albion - Lyle Taylor's penalty beats Steve Bruce's Baggies - BBC Sport

From Brucie's post match presser:

" The results on Saturday gave us a wonderful opportunity and we haven't taken it. That's the frustration and why we are where we are in mid table, when we're a team who are supposed to be at the top end."

Ahem. Weren't West Brom in the playoff places before you came along, Steve? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AJ said:

Birmingham City 1-0 West Bromwich Albion - Lyle Taylor's penalty beats Steve Bruce's Baggies - BBC Sport

From Brucie's post match presser:

" The results on Saturday gave us a wonderful opportunity and we haven't taken it. That's the frustration and why we are where we are in mid table, when we're a team who are supposed to be at the top end."

Ahem. Weren't West Brom in the playoff places before you came along, Steve? 

Being in a a better position than your rivals can be a difficult situation though, just like playing against 10 men.

• Haha 1

So good old Brucie is coming out with the line if we finish bottom half I don’t expect to keep my job which is of course pay me up on my contract and I’ll move onto the next sucker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

So good old Brucie is coming out with the line if we finish bottom half I don’t expect to keep my job which is of course pay me up on my contract and I’ll move onto the next sucker. 

So true

Instead of making that fairly routine Spandau Ballet gag, I was going to say it would just be like Bruce to pick up a(nother) win against a top two side only to subsequently lose 1-0 to Stoke a few days later. 

Didn’t want to tempt fate, but it turns out Bruce still has the ability to build on a promising result more than I had expected.

• 2 weeks later...
Â