Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Love this thread though it's comedy gold.

Comments so far:

If Bruce had any class he'd quit and not hold out for compo.

2 days later Bruce resigns

Bruce is classless for resigning should have waited so wednesday got money he's a word removed.

So people say if he had class he'd resign but then when he resigns say he's classless.

Like i said comedy gold 😂😂😂😂

You know what you are saying makes no sense right? I mean literally no sense.

For a start I don't think any one poster has said he should resign and then been critical of him for doing so.

Secondly, in what world could he hold out for compo? What on earth are you talking about.

28 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Doesn't matter what job you do if you start a job and have a pre booked holiday that they have to honour it, obviously you can cancel it but they can't stop you taking it.

Yeah i agree thats the law, they cant stop you

But take a construction worker as an example

You apply for a project that starts in August, has to be finished by September, you have a 3 week holiday booked in August, they can't stop you from taking it, they can claim damages off you when you don't finish in september

Wednesday couldn't stop him from taking a holiday but they could have walked away from him

No one in construction is saying it's ok mate you go on holiday start in September and finish in October, doesn't happen, you don't win the work

How many teachers who are currently out of work will book September off for a holiday and then start applying for a job? None, absolutely none 

Edited by villa4europe

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You know what you are saying makes no sense right? I mean literally no sense.

For a start I don't think any one poster has said he should resign and then been critical of him for doing so.

Secondly, in what world could he hold out for compo? What on earth are you talking about.

😂😂😂 You say it makes no sense in a place where people are making him out to be the worst manager we've ever had, not a manager that got us to win 24 games in a season and lost a playoff final which again is used to beat him with even though since 1996 plenty of our managers have lost finals with better players than Bruce had.

^^^^ now that doesn't make sense but as I said keep this going as it's brilliant entertainment my lunch breaks would be dull without reading comedy like this 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

😂😂😂 You say it makes no sense in a place where people are making him out to be the worst manager we've ever had, not a manager that got us to win 24 games in a season and lost a playoff final which again is used to beat him with even though since 1996 plenty of our managers have lost finals with better players than Bruce had.

^^^^ now that doesn't make sense but as I said keep this going as it's brilliant entertainment my lunch breaks would be dull without reading comedy like this 😂😂😂😂

we lost them finals to Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. Not a 2nd tier play off final when we barely took a shot

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I said it made no sense because it made no sense, much like this response.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, sne said:

The same people said those things?

If so yeah that is a bit funny

Yeah, no one said both things. It's almost like people can have differing opinions on something. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I said it made no sense because it made no sense, much like this response.

Its almost like there are people that are so desperate to defend Bruce that they are just blind. I just don't understand it. I really don't. Its like they are in mourning or something.

21 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I don't beat him with losing the playoff final

I beat him with how royally **** we would have been if we had won

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Because he has ruined their season already. By the time they get a new manager in the transfer window will be nearly shut. Due to time of season most managers available are unenployed so its a limited pool

Bit OTT isn’t it? A ball hasn’t been kicked yet but he’s already ruined their season.

classic bit of anti-Bruce hyperbole right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think they think he was useless, far from it.

I think similarly to when he arrived here he had a positive effect, in the short term Bruce is very capable manager. He shores teams up, makes them hard to beat, wins games so they were very much in that phase.

For a long time I think a lot of Villa fans were win drunk with Bruce, we had such a bad time that when he came in and started winning matches people over looked a lot or thought that the issues they did see would be resolved in time. Now I've no desire to debate Bruce's time with us again so if people see things differently, fair enough, we can agree to disagree.

But I think Sheff Wed fans were very much in that honeymoon phase and thought he was great, not useless. I think in time they would have seen his limitations as all other clubs he has managed have.

I think they are irate because they feel he has screwed them over leaving at this stage of the summer, they feel even more aggrieved given that they waited for him for so long when appointed. I can understand why they are so angry, it isn't all that different to the anger many felt towards O'Neill when he walked out on us 5 days before the start of a season irrespective of the wider context of events.

Well, football fans feeling screwed over is nothing new is it? 

Aside from that can’t argue with much else in that post.

If anyone expects SB not to take a job with Newcastle United, in the premier league, they need their heads examining (irrespective of the circumstances).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bit OTT isn’t it? A ball hasn’t been kicked yet but he’s already ruined their season.

No its not. Championship starts in 2 and a half weeks. New manager has no chance to have a pre-season or to get his ideas across and as Bruce said himself many times you need a pre-season ;) . Transfer window closes in 3 weeks as well

He has well and truly **** Wednesday 

Just now, Zatman said:

No its not. Championship starts in 2 and a half weeks. New manager has no chance to have a pre-season or to get his ideas across and as Bruce said himself many times you need a pre-season ;) . Transfer window closes in 3 weeks as well

He has well and truly **** Wednesday 

And if they get promoted this season, has he still ruined it? 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

And if they get promoted this season, has he still ruined it? 

I think it is extreme to say he has ruined their season before a ball has been kicked. I think it is fair to say he has ruined their preparation for the season, that it may well impact negatively on their season and that he has let people down not least players he signed but he hasn't ruined their season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If anyone expects SB not to take a job with Newcastle United, in the premier league, they need their heads examining (irrespective of the circumstances).

that I do agree with

he's taking the PL job every day of the week, Wednesday was an opportunity to keep him working, nothing more, he wont build or achieve anything there (he wont at Newcastle either but that's different) him leaving wont undo all the good work he's done there because he's done absolutely nothing there (again if they get promoted its nothing to do with him)

its the fact that Wednesday offered him that opportunity and then were sympathetic towards him when they appointed him that means its leaving a sour taste

• Like 1

Yeah him leaving and giving the £4m in compensation from Newcastle might very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

But short term at least he's not leaving them in an ideal situation is he.

Especially since pre season under him has been built up to a almost mythical status when he was our manager.

They have a ton of job to do now in very little time considering the transfer window closes on August 8th and their season starts on August the 3rd.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its the fact that Wednesday offered him that opportunity and then were sympathetic towards him when they appointed him that means its leaving a sour taste

Sympathetic? Because they let him keep his holiday? 

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can only imagine the amount of abuse Dean Smith got for leaving Brentford to join the club he supported. Properly **** over their season by leaving in October. Should’ve just waited it out until the end of the season.

Just now, bobzy said:

Sympathetic? Because they let him keep his holiday? 

yes! they let him have the xmas period and the January transfer window off

he didn't take march off and miss 4 meaningless games, he had a time period off where Wednesday effectively said its ok Steve we're targeting next season

Â