Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, villa4europe said:

yes! they let him have the xmas period and the January transfer window off

he didn't take march off and miss 4 meaningless games, he had a time period off where Wednesday effectively said its ok Steve we're targeting next season

Did they say that?

Just now, bobzy said:

Can only imagine the amount of abuse Dean Smith got for leaving Brentford to join the club he supported. Properly **** over their season by leaving in October. Should’ve just waited it out until the end of the season.

if dean smith had joined them in the summer then yes I would agree

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why are Wednesday fans so irate? Can only assume they’re sad to see him go which kinda doesn’t add up to him being useless.

If he’d walked out of here to join Newcastle half of you lot would be doing cartwheels not getting pissed off.

They are always irate, I haven't seen a meltdown like it after the 4-2(?) game.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no they just let him miss a 5th of the season and a transfer window because they were desperately chasing promotion last season

So... did they say that?

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we lost them finals to Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal. Not a 2nd tier play off final when we barely took a shot

You mean Man Utds reserves and our side that day were miles better that day 

5 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

You mean Man Utds reserves and our side that day were miles better that day 

I dont remember Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Berbatov, Carrick, Valencia, Park, Fletcher turning out for the reserves so much

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Can only imagine the amount of abuse Dean Smith got for leaving Brentford to join the club he supported. Properly **** over their season by leaving in October. Should’ve just waited it out until the end of the season.

Yes, but he was only a small cog in the Brentford machine, and they were able to find someone else to put the cones out. 

41 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If anyone expects SB not to take a job with Newcastle United, in the premier league, they need their heads examining (irrespective of the circumstances).

Well, apparently he is being offered a £1m contract (surely he was on similar at Wednesday) for a shite of an owner and none of the fans appear to want him, which both BFS and Gerrard claim to have turned down, so it does seem a little strange. 

Maybe it really is Roy of the Rover stuff and he wants to manage his boyhood club an this is his last chance. Maybe we (Villa, SW and Toon fans) are all being unfair to him.

LOL

If he really is such a passionate Newcastle fan, then why did he ever manage Sunderland 🤔

Cant imagine Smith taking the blues job or Gerrard going to Everton or pep to Real Madrid

I don't really understand what those criticising him here expect.

Steve Bruce, as manager of Sheffield Wednesday, cannot influence anything that happens at Newcastle United.  It transpires (on 24th June) that Benitez will not be staying on past 30th June and the end of his contract.  Mike Ashley (and whoever else) will draw up a shortlist of possible replacement managers and presumably discuss over who they approach first etc.  After whatever length of time (and it looks like this first surfaced on 9th July?) they decide on Steve Bruce and negotiations will probably start taking place.

Bruce is a boyhood Newcastle fan and it is (likely) his only opportunity to ever manage the club.

However, because it's 3 weeks before the start of the Championship season and Sheffield Wednesday let him have a holiday when they decided to appoint him back in Jan/Feb, he shouldn't take it?

**** bizarre.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, apparently he is being offered a £1m contract (surely he was on similar at Wednesday) for a shite of an owner and none of the fans appear to want him, which both BFS and Gerrard claim to have turned down, so it does seem a little strange. 

Maybe it really is Roy of the Rover stuff and he wants to manage his boyhood club an this is his last chance. Maybe we (Villa, SW and Toon fans) are all being unfair to him.

LOL

I'll reply once for a laugh, though I know it'll make zero difference.

If you cannot see the allure for a Geordie to have the chance to manage Newcastle United, whilst they are in the premier league (and he's not) - irrespective of all other aspects, then you and I operate on entirely different plains.

Hand on heart I think there are those who would genuinely find a negative angle on Bruce coming up with a cure for cancer and giving it out freely, there's just little to no basis for reasonable discussion.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont remember Evra, Vidic, Rooney, Berbatov, Carrick, Valencia, Park, Fletcher turning out for the reserves so much

It's also about scale we had a team that should have been more than capable of beating the the United side that played that day. You mention the 2nd teir Playoff final we lost well guess what we were a 2nd teir team playing another 2nd teir team so it was a 50:50 chance just like in the other finals we have lost since 1996.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he really is such a passionate Newcastle fan, then why did he ever manage Sunderland 🤔

Cant imagine Smith taking the blues job or Gerrard going to Everton or pep to Real Madrid

More hyperbole.

Who knows what those three people will do in the future but sure, make something up to provide further 'substance' for your point......seems to be the way of the world these days, facts and truth are drowned out by those who shout longest and loudest, irrespective of what they're saying.

3 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

It's also about scale we had a team that should have been more than capable of beating the the United side that played that day. You mention the 2nd teir Playoff final we lost well guess what we were a 2nd teir team playing another 2nd teir team so it was a 50:50 chance just like in the other finals we have lost since 1996.

But we lost both games. One didn't nearly kill the club

Though no idea how losing to United is worse than losing to Fulham without us making an attack all game

Edited by Zatman

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

However, because it's 3 weeks before the start of the Championship season and Sheffield Wednesday let him have a holiday when they decided to appoint him back in Jan/Feb, he shouldn't take it?

**** bizarre.

nope, he should be selfish and take it and fully expect to be called a word removed when he does

you take it knowing exactly what the response will be 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

**** lol :D

Someone message Joe Lolley and ask him why he was ever at Blues if he's such a passionate Aston Villa fan :D 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nope, he should be selfish and take it and fully expect to be called a word removed when he does

you take it knowing exactly what the response will be 

So it's pretty much unavoidable, he should absolutely do it, but he's classless because of it?. However, when Frank Lampard does it, it's fine.

I think we're done :D

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I'll reply once for a laugh, though I know it'll make zero difference.

If you cannot see the allure for a Geordie to have the chance to manage Newcastle United, whilst they are in the premier league (and he's not) - irrespective of all other aspects, then you and I operate on entirely different plains.

Hand on heart I think there are those who would genuinely find a negative angle on Bruce coming up with a cure for cancer and giving it out freely, there's just little to no basis for reasonable discussion.

Seriously.  The hatred is real.

Â