Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

BBC reporting he and his staff have resigned, seemingly couldn't stick around for compensation to be agreed between the clubs. Or maybe he just wants to watch some cricket!

Such a stand up guy.

He missed the cricket... Feel sorry for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

BBC reporting he and his staff have resigned, seemingly couldn't stick around for compensation to be agreed between the clubs. Or maybe he just wants to watch some cricket!

Such a stand up guy.

must admit, I don't think much of that.

I know his standing with some can't get much lower.....but even I struggle with that.

so he started late because of the cricket then resigned few months later. Mr loyalty.

Imagine they don't give him the job now

Wednesday fans should be delighted with this lucky escape.  Go get hughton 

• Like 1

I’ve been watching the recent Bruce situation from afar in quiet horror. I never wanted to talk about him again but here we are.

As much as we might giggle that Bruce is about to stuff Newcastle, he is a relic who is holding English football back. He has now managed got managerial gigs at several of the country’s most historic (if fallen) clubs. Newcastle is a massive club: I’d like to see historic clubs like villa and Newcastle up in the upper echelons of the premier league (again) and not stuck in prehistoric era. As much as I love CM97/98, I’d rather we didn’t have the same approaches to the game in real life.

His lack of football philosophy and his use of redundant statements about players’ stare of mind and the like, is preventing young managers who embrace twenty-first century approaches to the game from getting a bloody job. 

I wonder when this ‘old boys club’ is going to get the hell out of the game. 

You know the stick he complained of? Before it really hit the fan on the pitch and he started saying he knew better, and he wanted to shut fans up. It was all online stuff he was referring to because support was always there at games. Right up to the final few weeks.

He's had more abuse from Newcastle fans on the internet in the last week than it took for him to dig out Villa fans. I do hope his kids are reporting it back to him so he's ready to fire on the toon army in his opening press conference.

23rd November as it stands, Villa v Newcastle. In case you were wondering.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Dunno why people keep crying about his holiday. He was offered a job, Said he would take it but wasn't available for a month due to prior commitments. Knowing this the club still chose him rather than picking somewhere else.

When i started my last job i had a 2 week holiday already booked for a week after my start date,This is no different.

I hear you Lakota, but had your employer hung on for you and gave you a bit of time to sort your bits and bobs before starting employment (That he spent in the West Indies lording it up)...  to then 5 months later give them a A big F*** You cause something better has came along.

It's tasteless imo.

And before anyone wants to jump on the 'it's cause it's Steve Bruce' train, it is not cause it's him at all. I would say the same about any manager that did this.

The fact that SB has previous history on top of this and added of what we know of him already, does not make his case any easier to defend.

45 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’ve been watching the recent Bruce situation from afar in quiet horror. I never wanted to talk about him again but here we are.

As much as we might giggle that Bruce is about to stuff Newcastle, he is a relic who is holding English football back. He has now managed got managerial gigs at several of the country’s most historic (if fallen) clubs. Newcastle is a massive club: I’d like to see historic clubs like villa and Newcastle up in the upper echelons of the premier league (again) and not stuck in prehistoric era. As much as I love CM97/98, I’d rather we didn’t have the same approaches to the game in real life.

His lack of football philosophy and his use of redundant statements about players’ stare of mind and the like, is preventing young managers who embrace twenty-first century approaches to the game from getting a bloody job. 

I wonder when this ‘old boys club’ is going to get the hell out of the game. 

Graeme Souness seen it coming years ago and got out of mansgement when he did. (Health problems would probably have made the descision for him eventually) but he knew that his philosophys etc. Was not being taken on board as much and his style of management was starting to die out with the start of this new generation of football that we are seeing now.

He got out at the right time imo and took a sidestep into punditry instead. Fair play to the man.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I'm so happy this nice guy image his media mates have built up is starting to fade and people now realise what a monumental Representative for Wellingborough he is. 

I really can't stand the bloke at all. 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Dunno why people keep crying about his holiday. He was offered a job, Said he would take it but wasn't available for a month due to prior commitments. Knowing this the club still chose him rather than picking somewhere else.

When i started my last job i had a 2 week holiday already booked for a week after my start date,This is no different.

It's totally different  - your not a football manager.

Most football men - would have given up a month in the sun to have started the job.

Unless he was legally unable to start - I find it unacceptable he would treat a club in this way.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

so he started late because of the cricket then resigned few months later. Mr loyalty.

Imagine they don't give him the job now

Wednesday fans should be delighted with this lucky escape.  Go get hughton 

Well said and such a good call👍🏻

• Thanks 1

For me this is one final pay day for him. He is coming to the end of his management career.

He won't get another opportunitylike this so I get why he wants the job. But he is very sensitive and takes things to heart. Newcastle fans are already protesting against having him so what kind of reception does he think he will get from them?

Add to the fact that Newcastle have very little money you just don't see how this so going to go well.

Â