Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

It's totally different  - your not a football manager.

Most football men - would have given up a month in the sun to have started the job.

Unless he was legally unable to start - I find it unacceptable he would treat a club in this way.

Neither was he at he time.

He was unemployed & had booked a family holiday. Presumably he was planning on taking the rest of the year off & doing some TV stuff or just waiting until the final few weeks where the odd job comes up and see if anything was offered. Not his fault someone decided to offer him a job a few days before he was going away.

Not like he had the best 12 months running up to that is it, both parents died, we failed to go up & nearly went bust during the summer and then we sacked him,Can hardly blame him for booking a holiday

• Like 1

The Wednesday fans seem pretty incensed by this looking at their forum. They seem to think Bruce is somewhat of a word removed, which is quite odd because I thought only salty Villa fans would think something as outrageous as that?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Neither was he at he time.

He was unemployed & had booked a family holiday. Presumably he was planning on taking the rest of the year off & doing some TV stuff or just waiting until the final few weeks where the odd job comes up and see if anything was offered. Not his fault someone decided to offer him a job a few days before he was going away.

Not like he had the best 12 months running up to that is it, both parents died, we failed to go up & nearly went bust during the summer and then we sacked him,Can hardly blame him for booking a holiday

Are you suggesting that these entities we call football managers and football players are actually people?

I wasn't aware that they were able to be stressed having thousands of people type vile stuff about them, that they can suffer with sadness, that they have the stress of having an entire football club succeed - because they earn a lot of money.

Just absolutely delighted he's not our manager anymore. Its poor form but after this has been dragging out, his position was likely to become untenable in any event, like Marco Silva and Watford a couple of seasons ago. 

He will make them hard to beat, but without being able to sign players, I can see the job being very difficult for him. Ah well, wonder what the reaction will be when Newcastle come to Villa Park in November, if he lasts that long... 

michael jackson popcorn GIF

cabbage GIF

I know he’s jumped ship a few times in the past, but I’m a little bit surprised he’s gone today, really thought it would drag out a bit longer.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Can't really defend the way he's treated Wednesday, they gave him a job and made him the highest paid manager in the Championship, allowed him to bring all his mates with him, and gave him the first month off, despite him already having had the previous three months off after being fired by us, and also espite them not being yet safe from relegation, this summer he released seven of their players who had come to the ends of their contracts, players that another manager might have wanted to keep, he's also signed three players, using up money that whoever replaces him, might have wanted to use differently. Not only that but Wednesday have just sold their ground because of him. A manager walking out on his club just weeks before a season is always going to look bad, whether you like said manager or not.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

😂😂😂 why doesn’t he just resign if it’s his dream job? Probably just sticking around for money. He has no class  

*resigns*

oh my god how could he resign like that? He has no class. 

Who said both?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I can't express how amazing it is to see the solid efforts of some to defend him throughout his time here and this particular scenario, and then witness Steve Bruce show them how wrong they are with his actions. 

It's **** brilliant. 

I think you are misunderstanding what is being said or written....such is your jaundiced view on the guy anything reasonable has scorn poured on it, before reason is employed.

You seem to be claiming that me and others are defending him come what may( unconditionally)......that is incorrect and inaccurate.

Praising him for signing John Terry and securing 24 wins in a season or stopping the rot.....is entirely different from castigating him for walking out on Sheff Wed....or indeed responding to a small section of the villa crowd, which I agree was ill advised even if understood.

If you care to pay attention to what is being said and not driven by your own agenda, you might get it, even if you disagree.....I comment on what the man does( his actions) not what the man is purported by some to be( his perceived character)......There is a distinction.....you might like to appreciate that if nothing else.

If I knew him personally, I might agree on his character, but I don't, so I keep an open mind.

ps If you are saying he never measured up to what you wanted in a football manager of our club.....Then I can fully relate to that.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

😂😂😂 why doesn’t he just resign if it’s his dream job? Probably just sticking around for money. He has no class  

*resigns*

So you agree, he has no class then. Finally. 😉

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Wednesday fans seem pretty incensed by this looking at their forum. They seem to think Bruce is somewhat of a word removed, which is quite odd because I thought only salty Villa fans would think something as outrageous as that?

I can fully understand the Wednesday fans being Vexed......I have supported him on many issues on here, but not this.

I think he has done what many of his detractors claim against him.

On this occasion I agree with them.....but just glad we have Dean Smith.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Just absolutely delighted he's not our manager anymore. Its poor form but after this has been dragging out, his position was likely to become untenable in any event, like Marco Silva and Watford a couple of seasons ago. 

He will make them hard to beat, but without being able to sign players, I can see the job being very difficult for him. Ah well, wonder what the reaction will be when Newcastle come to Villa Park in November, if he lasts that long... 

michael jackson popcorn GIF

cabbage GIF

I'm not sure he will make them hard to beat.  I can't think of many managers in the Prem now that couldnt get their team running rings round Newcastle under Bruce.  They are truly buggered.

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

*resigns*

No one said both 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

how could he resign like that? He has no class.

Loyalty's Steve Bruce doesn't need class - he's quite practiced at legging it after a few months.

Or as people say "he's gone again"

• Like 1

I really don't know why he wants to manage Newcastle right now

The fans clearly don't want him so he's onto a loss straight away, that squad isnt filled with good PL players, they won't spend money

If it was another club id feel sorry, but considering its Newcastle and how much they bang on about needed someone wo gets the Geordies love of football etc etc

The only way Bruce will be a success there is he reanimates the corpse of "wor" Jackie milburn so he can where the #9 shirt again

Because we all know only Newcastle "love their strikers up there" 

Â