Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

What exactly does “stop the rot” mean and what specific decisions or actions did Steve Bruce make to accomplish that feat?

It means he stopped us getting beat pretty much every single weekend which happened for about 5 years. We was the laughing stock of the country at one point, he turned villa Park into a tough place to come too again. Hes done a lot for us and deserves some credit but it's on a downward spiral now and he needs to go before all the good he has actually done is just forgotten. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

It means he stopped us getting beat pretty much every single weekend which happened for about 5 years. We was the laughing stock of the country at one point, he turned villa Park into a tough place to come too again. Hes done a lot for us and deserves some credit but it's on a downward spiral now and he needs to go before all the good he has actually done is just forgotten. 

That is about rite, couldn't of said it better myself really.

If bruce wants to keep this job he is going to have to pull some blinders out now, get our players performing and bring results in at most. I too see he has made it tough for teams to beat us again, but the couple of losses, all the draws just isn't enough now Steve, we need wins with that or your job is gone.

I understand all those that want him gone, and to some extent I do too, but I feel he still could hold a winning ticket up his sleeves and has some cards left to play, I have to believe that because if I don't we all know it's season over for promotion. All I can say is while he is our manager is come on Brucey bring us a bonus and get the job done.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Not arguing with you, but you didn’t answer my question.   What does “stop the rot” mean? And what specific decisions or actions did he take to do that

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Not arguing with you, but you didn’t answer my question.   What does “stop the rot” mean? And what specific decisions or actions did he take to do that

Sounds like stop the rock song does it not??

Edited by Dave-R

10 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I actually cant believe this bloke is being given another game. It's going to make me sad if we win as that just locks him down for another 3 games at the very least.

He is the luckiest manager in the came.

The always does "just enough", "there or thereabouts".

The King of average.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

RDM - had all those same resources and in the same division, managed one win from eleven games, so there's one.

I can post another 4 easily but is there any point in doing so?

Do you still think Bruce should be here managing Villa?

Yes or no?

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I actually cant believe this bloke is being given another game. It's going to make me sad if we win as that just locks him down for another 3 games at the very least.

If we lose this one on Friday I think it will be his last.

8 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Do you still think Bruce should be here managing Villa?

Yes or no?

Right now? No.

Results are way off where we should be and performances have been patchy at best, we are lacking the leadership we enjoyed last season through Terry and we now have some major firepower up top, there's nothing that can excuse where we are in the division right now.

Does that mean I can't have a reasonable perspective on the situation? No. To claim that SB is the 'worst Manager we've every had' is crazy, petty and bitter, though not sure why I'd expect anything different.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Right now? No.

Results are way off where we should be and performances have been patchy at best, we are lacking the leadership we enjoyed last season through Terry and we now have some major firepower up top, there's nothing that can excuse where we are in the division right now.

Does that mean I can't have a reasonable perspective on the situation? No. To claim that SB is the 'worst Manager we've every had' is crazy, petty and bitter, though not sure why I'd expect anything different.

He’s a failure. Simple as that, a failure. Everybody is waking up to it.

He’s up there with all of them, RDM, TS, RG, Dr Jo, AMC, BMc, DOL, MON and the rest of them.....

He is with them all. that’s for sure.

Edited by imavillan

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

He’s a failure. Simple as that, a failure. Everybody is waking up to it.

He’s up there with all of them, RDM, TS, RG, Dr Jo, AMC, BMc, DOL, MON and the rest of them.....

He is with them all. that’s for sure.

This is where I differ from the masses sorry.

Sure, he's failed his top-line objective to get us promoted but to write off everything as simply a failure is far too black and white for me when we all know that there's plenty of grey area in life.

It is possible to accept that he's probably on his way out without the hyperbole, personal attacks and childish comments, I'll stay that course.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Right now? No.

So come on, lets have your list of the five worst managers, rather than just dismissing other people's views. You specifically added that he wouldn't be in the top 5 from the last 12 years - so lets make it easy by limiting it to that timeframe. 

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

This is where I differ from the masses sorry.

Sure, he's failed his top-line objective to get us promoted but to write off everything as simply a failure is far too black and white for me when we all know that there's plenty of grey area in life.

It is possible to accept that he's probably on his way out without the hyperbole, personal attacks and childish comments, I'll stay that course.

thats the same for every manager who has failed.....they have all done some good work but ultimately failed to meet an objective.

he's very good at manipulating the press....that hyberbole comes from him.

he's turned on the fans....we are the one and only constant....he has lit his own torch paper

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, imavillan said:

thats the same for every manager who has failed.....they have all done some good work but ultimately failed to meet an objective.

he's very good at manipulating the press....that hyberbole comes from him.

he's turned on the fans....we are the one and only constant....he has lit his own torch paper

What good work did Remi Garde, Eric Black or Alex McLeish do?

What good work did Harry Redknapp do at any of his last few clubs?

Some Managers are total failures, Les Reed was a total failure at Charlton (off the top of my head). There's one eventuality to being a football Manager which is that it will end and in 90%+ of cases it will end with a sacking/removal. That does not have to translate to being a total failure.

Â