Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, blandy said:

That's fine.

BTW, now Bruce is manager this season, though I don't think (still, as with the previous 2 seasons) he'll take us up, I'd not sack him at this point. Once you've got someone in place, the only time to sack him is if/when he's doing so badly, and with no sign of turn-round that it's unavoidable.

Sacking someone during the season based on a complete guess as to how things might pan out would be foolish. So far all my bafflement at his selections, style of play, too often negative approach...at this point, sacking would be wrong, IMO. We just have to let things roll. If it goes bad, he goes, if it goes well he stays. 

This is where I am as well.

Sacking him would be incredibly harsh. But if you gave me the opportunity to change the manager right now, I'd snatch it. 

In a way, I really hope he doesn't get sacked as that would mean we've done so horribly that we're probably out of promotion contention. But by god, is it not frustrating to endure. Being so close you can taste it, but ultimately not getting there. Really hope we end up "there" and not "thereabouts" this season. 

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

But so many here assured me Bruce would be better than Biesla because Biesla’s World Cup record wasn’t very good.   ?

Neither is Messi's, but that doesn't mean he's still not one of the best player's in the World.

A choice of Beilsa's football or Bruce's ? That's a difficult one.

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Say we have to change him Christmas, has a change of manager ever pushed on and won Promotion from then on?

Yep....er Steve Bruce.

(Technically he went to Birmingham on the 12th of December. If that's not exactly Christmas at least the advent calendars are out.)

Edited by praisedmambo

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This is where I am as well.

Sacking him would be incredibly harsh. But if you gave me the opportunity to change the manager right now, I'd snatch it. 

In a way, I really hope he doesn't get sacked as that would mean we've done so horribly that we're probably out of promotion contention. But by god, is it not frustrating to endure. Being so close you can taste it, but ultimately not getting there. Really hope we end up "there" and not "thereabouts" this season. 

I’m not so sure our new owners will think this way. Whilst many may consider sacking him both harsh and whilst we’re competitive possibly foolish, I think they will be forming a plan for what they want from a manager, and who they believe may be able to carry out that plan. It may be that they believe it’s Steve Bruce, none of us can really know what they’re thinking. But whatever decision they come to, I think these guys will not have any time for sentimentality and will be ruthless. 

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

But so many here assured me Bruce would be better than Biesla because Biesla’s World Cup record wasn’t very good.   ?

Did anyone actually say that?

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Say we have to change him Christmas, has a change of manager ever pushed on and won Promotion from then on?

Iain Dowie did for Palace!

Crystal Palace

On 21 December 2003, Dowie was appointed manager of Crystal Palace, inheriting a squad with low morale and occupying 19th place in Division One. However, under his leadership, the club went on an impressive run that included 17 wins from 23 games after he took over, until the end of the season, enabling the club to finish in sixth place in the First Division, just scraping into the play-off places. This feat was attributed to complete change in the atmosphere and training regime at the club, including a tougher disciplinary regime, introduced by Dowie.[6] After beating Sunderland in the semi-final, on a penalty shootout, the club beat Dowie's former club West Ham by a single goal in the Final for a place in the FA Premier League. Dowie's squad contained some promising footballers, including Andrew Johnson. Dowie made a couple of signings to the Crystal Palace squad: he signed goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly to challenge Julian Speroni for the number 1 top. Kiraly was first choice throughout the season. The club lasted only one season there, being relegated on the final day of the season when Charlton Athletic scored a late equaliser in a 2–2 draw.

Edited by Villan4Life

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Come on mate, find even one post where somebody said that. Biesla is massively rated in the game and the new owners at Leeds did very well to get him. 

Some have said they enjoyed watching us last season. They're probably enjoying this season again.

Last season made my eyes sting. So so many bad performances. We won some, we lost some, we drew some, all garbage to watch.

While we're dicking around in this division as one of the 'big boys', (which for now we still are) we should be looking to dominate matches. Play attacking, incisive football. We'd stroll the league. If we were to go up and get these results against City/Liverpool/Spurs, it'd be much more acceptable. I mean, we wouldn't... we'd be absolutely taken apart by all of them, but you know, there'd be a reason for not being gung-ho.

Bielsa has had one preseason. One. Look at the state of the football Leeds are playing! Outstanding. Imagine him with this squad. Imagine a decent coach with this squad. Be good when it eventually happens. The day Bruce leaves can't come soon enough.

• Thanks 2

Â