Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Dick said:

He didn't just lose the play off final though. We didn't just play one game. It started with a poor start to the season which meant we played catch up, and then when we caught up he played the wrong players against QPR (which he admitted) and we lost, which cost us momentum. He lost control after that, reverting back to the cautious football which saw us sit back at the play off final (first half) and guess what, we had to play catch up in the 2nd half. It's a familiar story with Bruce.

They are always the wrong players when we lose and they don't perform.

I guess Nuno played the wrong players against us or Fulham played the wrong players against Blues?

When they don't win their duels they are always the wrong players, just like the ones on the bench are always better....until they come on.

22 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

My worry is Bruce & co walking out a few days before the season starts.

I don't think he is of the character to do that....unless he thinks he is been absolutely stitched up like a kipper.

55 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

My worry is Bruce & co walking out a few days before the season starts.

I don't think he will, he is getting paid a decent sum and I think he is fairly happy round theses parts

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think he is of the character to do that....unless he thinks he is been absolutely stitched up like a kipper.

Which is exactly what happened @ Hull before someone chirps in with 'well that's what he did to Hull'.

He was promised transfer funds that didn't arrive, we have to hope he's not been made any assurances like that here.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Which is exactly what happened @ Hull before someone chirps in with 'well that's what he did to Hull'.

He was promised transfer funds that didn't arrive, we have to hope he's not been made any assurances like that here.

i would imagine this situation is different...i guess the only line that he might be spun that he could be stitched up on is "if we sell jack for £30m then you'll have £10m of that to spend"

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He won't have been. We haven't got any. Nada. Zilch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I think Bruce will thrive more in this difficult situation, he enjoys being the underdog. Hopefully he can get us into a position to have another crack at promotion by the end of the season. 

With all due respect this is not a view that I personally share - I have seen nothing in his managerial armour to suggest this is the case - I seem to recall when things were going wrong he never inspired me in this way - quite the opposite really.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i would imagine this situation is different...i guess the only line that he might be spun that he could be stitched up on is "if we sell jack for £30m then you'll have £10m of that to spend"

Maybe.

You'd like to think he's at least 90% in the picture on the financial situation, like the rest of us I'm sure he could guess on the other 10% so if he has been fed any bullshit on possible transfer funds he'll hopefully take it with a pinch of salt. 

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Interview with Steve Bruce coming up on sky sports news soon. Be interesting to see what he will say.

There’s one on the YouTube channel, same stuff he said last year switched off after a min, when he said were Aston Villa ?

3 hours ago, TRO said:

They are always the wrong players when we lose and they don't perform.

I guess Nuno played the wrong players against us or Fulham played the wrong players against Blues?

When they don't win their duels they are always the wrong players, just like the ones on the bench are always better....until they come on.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-14421929

Steve Bruce is still reeling after Villa's midweek defeat to QPR and continues to blame himself for the defeat.

The experienced boss claims he 'should have known better' not to freshen up his team after the game came just three days after a mammoth display in the 4-1 win over Wolves.

Cheers TRO, I know you will jump on anything Bruce related, but he said himself it was his fault. So, yeah.

Good interview. Gives an honest assessment of the situation both on and off the pitch. I may not think he's the right man to move us forward, but I'm glad he's spoken. 

I think a lot of fans needed this. An honest interview with a decent bloke, albeit tactically archaic. I have more faith in Bruce being honest with us than I do the Doc'. 

• Like 4

So it took 5 minutes before the o'l "batten down the hatches" :D

Bit of a nothing interview, mostly familiar platitudes but not his fault because he wasn't really asked about any specifics. As per usual.

I do however wonder how a club that apparently didn't spend any money last season can be losing £5m / month. Wages doesn't count do they?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Good interview. Gives an honest assessment of the situation both on and off the pitch. I may not think he's the right man to move us forward, but I'm glad he's spoken. 

I think a lot of fans needed this. An honest interview with a decent bloke, albeit tactically archaic. I have more faith in Bruce being honest with us than I do the Doc'. 

Fair point and I'd agree with pretty much all of what you say.

Â