Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, Woodytom said:

I've watched plenty of matches actually. Thanks.

The players aren't good enough to retain possession? Do me a favour. Yesterday, we once again had 5 international footballers starting. Another 3 came on. Also 2 u21 internationals. Name me one Steve Bruce side that has been known for retaining possession?

As for decision making, you can teach it but we're hardly talking about mind blowing decisions here. Pass the ball to an unmarked player or try and dribble it through 4/5 players.

You raise another issue.....on many occasions our players are marked. We don't move enough off the ball, subsequently we get caught with it and in addition can't get away from our opponent.

that inhibits us from launching raids and turning defence in to attack.

This problem has been with us for 5/6 years.

Imo Steve Bruce is well aware of it and will work to put it right.

This business of whether Steve Bruce is right for us or not......We need to understand where we are.....We are not going to attract The likes of Jurgen Klopp

We have to improve in increments and phases.....Steve Bruce has never really been at a stable club with a balanced team, not fighting for survival or awash with money to fix it....If we had of been playing good football and in the Prem, he wouldn't be here.

He has come to rescue a sinking ship.....so far, he has done a good job in that respect.....managers can only do so much with what players they have. if RDM can win the European cup, it kinda highlights that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Terrible management today i'm afraid

Picks both Gardner and Westwood making us play the first half with 9 men we should have been at least 3 - 0 down

We deserved nothing from that game and got what we deserved the damage was already done

even with the shit players we still dont seem to have a clear identity or way of playing, at the start i thought he seemed to be able to get the best out of what he's got, get us playing as a unit, working hard, chasing everything down, now i dont, struggling to think of a game that ive been really impressed with us

we're still a very broken team

2 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Out of interest , which central midfielders do people expect bruce to pick? We dont actually have any options. we need to give him time with the players he wants

Exactly - we just don't have the options.

I really think people need to give Bruce more time. The rot's stopped but it'll take more than a few months to reverse years of poison.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Out of interest , which central midfielders do people expect bruce to pick? We dont actually have any options. we need to give him time with the players he wants

He could have used tshibola and even used Bacuna in the middle. 

Options are not great but continuing to pick proven shit and not be prepared to try other options isn't good enough IMO. And if it's something that consistently done then you can't have many excuses when results are shit like today. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Exactly - we just don't have the options.

I really think people need to give Bruce more time. The rot's stopped but it'll take more than a few months to reverse years of poison.

Exactly.  I really don't see why more people can't see it (actually I probably can).  He's performed a bit of a miracle with such a flawed squad.  He's got us still in with an outside chance of the play offs with his first window coming up.

• Like 2

Poor football and lack of goals is concerning. We've hardly played a consistent 90 minutes under Bruce, and more often than not have made hard work of winning points, relying on moments of magic from the likes of Kodjia and Grealish. 

We've played 14 games under Bruce, 7 against bottom half teams (6 against teams currently in the bottom 6) and scored just 16 goals. Just 7 teams have scored the same or less than us this season.

Today Brentford have gone away to Blues and scored 3, Reading come back from 2 down away at Bristol City to win, Norwich score 3 past Derby. I can't see us doing that.

I hope he's got a plan for January. Continually shit football and inability to score is going to turn fans away very quickly.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Options are not great but continuing to pick proven shit and not be prepared to try other options isn't good enough IMO. And if it's something that consistently done then you can't have many excuses when results are shit like today. 

He could have also used Grealish in a more central role and played Ayew out wide

11 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Tshibola for one?

A clown could have known that westwood and gardner aside from being turd could not cope with the physical demand.

Ill go a step further and guess if Tish and Jedi were in the same team we would have 6 -9 more points at least.

Pathetic.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Very much this IMO, he continues to pick the same dysfunctional midfield without doing too much in the way of experimenting. It was of course fine to do this when the results were solid enough but having some poor ones of late surely it was time to make some changes to the structure of the first team.

Anyway, hopefully this is all academic as we will have new players coming in soon...

Â