Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Steve Bruce took over after what was about the worst start we could have made.He has stablised results to a degree (2pts per game) that would be promotion form if we had

started that way.The football has been patchy to say the least, but results have been good. Bruce and everyone knows we have to balance the squad (box to box midfielder needed

pronto), but to say this is the worst we've played in years is wrong. We may have to wait a little till we're playing beautiful football again but we have a great chance to get into the

playoffs and I'm sure we would have taken that at the start of the season.The situation was never going to change just like that it needs time,we've got the right people in charge

now and the futures bright. Lets get behind them,stop moaning, and believe

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The Norwich game was the worst I've ever seen. 

don't suggest I'm postin for effect because that's bullshit :thumb:

I see this a lot on VT.  Surely this is posting for effect?  Or you haven't seen Villa games previous to this season?

;)

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think there has been a loss of perspective and maybe we all need to remember what Bruce inherited here.

The squad was massively overhauled in the summer and whilst strong in some areas it is really weak in others so is unbalanced. On top of that for the first 12 games of the season they worked under a manager who had assembled them but didn't have a clue how to get the best out of them. When Bruce arrived we had won 1 in 11, had zero confidence, had completely forgotten what it was like to win on the road and every time we got to the last 10 minutes in games we were shaking like shitting dogs for fear of the almost inevitable concession of a goal.

Under Bruce we average two points a game. We have had one dire performance under him at Norwich, one very good performance at Brighton but in the main I'd describe performances under him as effective.

Points and performances wise I expected no more. We have a squad of players lacking a couple of vital components still getting used to playing together working under their second manager in 4 months. The fact it isn't at times pretty to watch should not be a surprise and used as a stick to beat the manager with. At this point I'd just be grateful we have a manager who has enough about him to pick up a good return of points whilst working around the obvious deficiencies in the squad he inherited. 

Absolutely spot on post. All VT'ers take note, What sense

38 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The Norwich game was the worst I've ever seen. The Wigan game was as bad as I've seen bar the goal obviously. There's obviously moments where it's exciting (certainly not most of it as you suggest).

If you disagree, fine. I couldn't give a monkeys tbh but don't suggest I'm postin for effect because that's bullshit :thumb:

You don't help yourself with the extreme posts like saying Norwich is the worst you've ever seen. 

It doesn't come close to some of the performances under Paul Lambert. 

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Most VT'ers speak sense on a regular basis so we don't all need to take note. ;) 

Totally agree no sleight meant at all,just want us all to sing from the same sheet ,a lot to ask i know,but we all want the same thing

We will get there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

The Norwich game was the worst I've ever seen. The Wigan game was as bad as I've seen bar the goal obviously. There's obviously moments where it's exciting (certainly not most of it as you suggest).

If you disagree, fine. I couldn't give a monkeys tbh but don't suggest I'm postin for effect because that's bullshit :thumb:

So a couple of games then rather than "the football", as in generally? 

No problem, glad you took the time to clarify. I know how you feel about hyperbole :thumb:

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Norwich was easily the worst this season but anyone who says it's the worst they've ever seen is straight up lying, unless they only started watching us this season. I'm sorry but it is.

You do realise that not everyone watches every game every season.

I barely watched any last year for example.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

You do realise that not everyone watches every game every season.

I barely watched any last year for example.

Then the statement "Norwich is the worst I've ever seen" is a bit meaningless then.

Just now, Mantis said:

Then the statement "Norwich is the worst I've ever seen" is a bit meaningless then.

No it isn't. It means exactly what it says.  It's the worst I've ever seen.

If you don't want to debate that further.... fine. I'm not bothered. It's something I've spoke in depth about after the game.

Don't see the need to interpret it as the 'worst villa game ever'. Because that is far from what I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Bradford where we scored and created some chances? 

Come on Woodytom I respect your views as i do everyone but if you were at Bradford that night you must know

we had hit rock bottom,I've never been so embarrassed to say i was a Villa fan the day after i just felt bereft,

Â