Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Kozak's first game was the 1-0 win against Crystal Palace which ended our 20 game winless streak. He was man of the match the next week in the 0-0 draw against Leicester, then broke his leg during the 0-0 draw with West Brom.

The Liverpool loss came 3 games later.

For me, they're all players who were good enough to hold down a starting position for a lower to midtable Premier League team and all had some potential in them to go up a level.

I thought Ciaran Clark snapped it in training?

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I thought Ciaran Clark snapped it in training?

Yeah, the broken leg was the initial injury which happened during an incident with Ciaran Clark at training. The 2nd injury was a fractured ankle which was the one he sustained during the West Brom game.

• Thanks 1

The side is now playing in a more confident and balanced way, it's a team rather than a collection of individuals. The football has improved and the team is starting to have an identity and playing with a plan, rather than the kick and rush, haphazard stuff of before. Hogan in particular is benefiting massively from this. Not having Kodjia could well be a blessing because we are no longer reliant on him coming up with a moment of magic and we do not have him holding up our own play and breaks with his selfishness on the ball. We're now looking sharp and far more ruthless. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

On the WM phone-in with Wyness, he said Calderwood was defence coach, Clemence was dressing-room coach (me neither) and Agnew was brought in as a forwards coach dealing with the attacking aspects of Villas game, not just coaching the strikers.

There's much more confidence and menace about the attacking play so it's hard not to give credit to Agnew for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Heretic said:

On the WM phone-in with Wyness, he said Calderwood was defence coach, Clemence was dressing-room coach (me neither) and Agnew was brought in as a forwards coach dealing with the attacking aspects of Villas game, not just coaching the strikers.

There's much more confidence and menace about the attacking play so it's hard not to give credit to Agnew for it.

Fantastic.

And well done Bruce for bringing him in.

• Like 1

We need to keep this going -next game in 10 days against a team playing 3 days earlier then we have burton and blues at home - win those 3 and I believe we will be in 2nd place and bang on track - Grealish and hogan both looking very good as are several others - we can do this and credit to Bruce , staff and players for turning it around 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Heretic said:

So who was coaching the forwards???

Glad to see Bruce getting the team where it needs to be. December was a rough month, but he has been able to turn it around and get the team back on track. The players need to run with the confidence that we have built up and take us up this season. I was happy with a playoff spot, but we can certainly now get automatic promotion.

The team has had players return from injury, recovered some form, and playing in new positions. The team has gelled and we are getting a bit of luck.

#UTV

Â