Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So, what do you all think of Steve Bruce? :D

has that question ever been raised?....its a new one.

I would love to see a brouter approach Steve Bruce and Say........."you are awful, but I like you"....with the imitable Dick Emery accent.:D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my opinion Bruce has bought better than anyone since early Gregory.

I think he’s bought better players ( ‘pro rata’ for the League), with better ability, better character, and with a clear idea for the most part of how he’d use them ( whether or not one agrees with how he uses them).

I don’t share the view that they’d nearly all have to go if we go up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

100% serious.

The first 6 in particular I rated fairly highly.

For me, they're all Premier League quality players who underperformed while they were here. I honestly can't see how anybody doesn't see it.

can someone switch the light on?.....it seems we are all in the dark:D

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think he’s bought better players ( ‘pro rata’ for the League), with better ability, better character, and with a clear idea for the most part of how he’d use them ( whether or not one agrees with how he uses them).

The thing that tickles me is.....If a team goes up, presumably they have been rewarded for winning sufficient games in the championship.

If you buy a fresh 11 players.....how have they earned a premier league place, particularly if they have been bought from outside the premier league?

if you get my drift?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

The thing that tickles me is.....If a team goes up, presumably they have been rewarded for winning sufficient games in the championship.

If you buy a fresh 11 players.....how have they earned a premier league place, particularly if they have been bought from outside the premier league?

if you get my drift?

I understand the sentiment mate, but there can be little sentiment in top level football. Most promoted clubs have to make a number of changes to their squads after promotion in order to compete at the higher level. 

Its not practical to make wholesale changes for a number of reasons, but i do believe that this squad would struggle terribly in the PL without a number of additions. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

has that question ever been raised?....its a new one.

I would love to see a brouter approach Steve Bruce and Say........."you are awful, but I like you"....with the imitable Dick Emery accent.:D

More like , " your football's awful ,but I like you " .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Hopefully we'll get to find out .

2 hours ago, av1 said:

I understand the sentiment mate, but there can be little sentiment in top level football. Most promoted clubs have to make a number of changes to their squads after promotion in order to compete at the higher level. 

Its not practical to make wholesale changes for a number of reasons, but i do believe that this squad would struggle terribly in the PL without a number of additions. 

I believe in incremental, improvement, otherwise you are in danger of wiping out the whole team spirit.....we have seen it, and its so difficult to get back.

a slow burn is the sustainable model.....we have tried fast track and it doesn't work.

Gil, Amavi, Westwood, Bacuna, Cissokho, Kozak & Sanchez for me are all Premier League quality.

possibly the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. I appreciate that we all have different views but...........

So the team that got us relegated from the premier league  is premier league quality. 

seriously? 

• Like 3

Currently none of last years promoted clubs are in the relegation zone, though none are really thriving. I wonder how many new players they all signed and how much of their usual starting line up are from the promotion squad. 

Keith Wyness described SB as Embullient.....good description.

is why I like him.

I guess its a good quality to have around players too......who wants to see a sour puss.

Ooops sorry Ron.:)

Edited by TRO

16 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Gil, Amavi, Westwood, Bacuna, Cissokho, Kozak & Sanchez for me are all Premier League quality.

possibly the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. I appreciate that we all have different views but...........

So the team that got us relegated from the premier league  is premier league quality. 

seriously? 

Yes, the players were Premier League quality.

The issue was we were relying too heavily on players who weren't - Gestede, Ayew, Veretout, Richards, Lescott, Grealish & Richardson.

When Garde finally got the team right we went 3 games unbeaten, then Kozak and Traore both suffered season ending injuries.

If we stuck with the team below from the beginning of the season we more than likely would have stayed up if we strengthened again in January.

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Amavi/Cissokho

Bacuna Gueye (Westwood, Sanchez)

Traore Gil Gabby (Ayew, Sinclair)

Kozak

Sherwood, MacDonald, Garde and Black would have relegated half the teams in the Premier League in 2015/16.

Edited by Michael118

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

Keith Wyness described SB as Embullient.....good description.

is why I like him.

I guess its a good quality to have around players too......who wants to see a sour puss.

Ooops sorry Ron.:)

I didn't realise you liked him.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

When Garde finally got the team right we went 3 games unbeaten, then Kozak and Traore both suffered season ending injuries. 

Hold up. After those three games is that when we were absolutely demolished 6-0 against Liverpool? 

We had an awful squad that year. Maybe those players you mention were passable premiership players but they certainly wouldn't be any better than subs and squad-fillers in the most average relegation-fighting teams. For us they were the best we had.

Just now, praisedmambo said:

Hold up. After those three games is that when we were absolutely demolished 6-0 against Liverpool? 

We had an awful squad that year. Maybe those players you mention were passable premiership players but they certainly wouldn't be any better than subs and squad-fillers in the most average relegation-fighting teams. For us they were the best we had.

Kozak's first game was the 1-0 win against Crystal Palace which ended our 20 game winless streak. He was man of the match the next week in the 0-0 draw against Leicester, then broke his leg during the 0-0 draw with West Brom.

The Liverpool loss came 3 games later.

For me, they're all players who were good enough to hold down a starting position for a lower to midtable Premier League team and all had some potential in them to go up a level.

Â