Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

We are 7 points from automatic promotion with 21 games left and have about 9 players out with injury/illness 

This is the best season we have had in 7 years

The football isn't great but this club has been a joke outfit for years 

When was the last time we even looked at the top of a table?

• Like 2

Just now, vreitti said:

So you're a better fan then, good for you. I've made up my opinion based on the last 15 months, where I've not seen one bit of progress made with Bruce at the helm. I want him gone ASAP, and the only thing that could change that is if he somehow altered his approach and got us playing anything resembling football again. IMO that'll not happen, based upon what I've seen. You don't have to share my opinion. Makes no difference to me, suggesting I'm a lesser fan for taking a different stance than you do, is frankly pathetic.

So we are in the same place now as when he joined? You should recheck your data, I think you’ll find your basis is wrong.

There should never be a scenario where you’d want your own side to lose a game.

The “better fan” subject is an ugly one, but I’ll happily look down on you when you publicly state you want Aston Villa to lose.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

So you're a better fan then, good for you. I've made up my opinion based on the last 15 months, where I've not seen one bit of progress made with Bruce at the helm. I want him gone ASAP, and the only thing that could change that is if he somehow altered his approach and got us playing anything resembling football again. IMO that'll not happen, based upon what I've seen. You don't have to share my opinion. Makes no difference to me, suggesting I'm a lesser fan for taking a different stance than you do, is frankly pathetic.

He hasn't said that at all.

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I have missed it then.

We broadly share the same opinion on him, but I've gleaned there is that you'll hate him regardless of success. It just seems a strange stance.

If that's not what you were meaning with the bit I quoted then yeah I've missed something.

It was my initial statement in a moment of ire when I thought that his post match comments were directed at villa fans as a whole. 

I then discovered it was probably meant for a group of degenerates that abused him for the majority of the game. 

While I didn't retract my post completely but I did offer sympathy to him in a following post. I then said he would be well served to make sure he directs comments like more directly if he feels the need to say them.

For everyone's benefit including my own I will state that if we won the champions league under Bruce I would support him forever. 

But that won't happen, I believe the signs are showing that he is a dead man walking and out of his depth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The “better fan” subject is an ugly one, but I’ll happily look down on you when you publicly state you want Aston Villa to lose.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

He hasn't said that at all.

No?

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It was my initial statement in a moment of ire when I thought that his post match comments were directed at villa fans as a whole. 

I then discovered it was probably meant for a group of degenerates that abused him for the majority of the game. 

While I didn't retract my post completely but I did offer sympathy to him in a following post. I then said he would be well served to make sure he directs comments like more directly if he feels the need to say them.

For everyone's benefit including my own I will state that if we won the champions league under Bruce I would support him forever. 

But that won't happen, I believe the signs are showing that he is a dead man walking and out of his depth.

Got ya. Makes sense now.

I'm posting all this from my phone and looking after a 2 year old and an ill wife.

He's got to do better, and he's got to show us something that he can do better. It's lacking at the moment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KHV said:

We are 7 points from automatic promotion with 21 games left and have about 9 players out with injury/illness 

Perhaps we should get relegated more often then.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Looking at the wave of negativity sweeping this site after a tough, battling win away to one of our promotion rivals - exactly what we needed after a run of poor form - I Can only imagine how things would have been if we had lost. Hysteria and meltdown!!! :(

Think you're once again inventing your hysteria. 

I see people questioning decisions and his post match comments. Why is that a problem? Winning a game doesn't make him a God that we all must bow down to. 

He is still way off his targets, criticism and questioning is more than fair. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Got ya. Makes sense now.

I'm posting all this from my phone and looking after a 2 year old and an ill wife.

He's got to do better, and he's got to show us something that he can do better. It's lacking at the moment.

No probs mate. I was unnecessarily defensive, I could've cleared it up from the start.

You're right, he needs to do better, I don't think he can and I would love to be proved wrong.

Good luck with the little 'un and I hope your wife is feeling better soon. No good being Ill on NYE :(

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

It makes no difference to be fair, win lose or draw it’s the same from the Bruce out camp.

When he loses he’s an idiot.

When he draws he’s and idiot.

When he wins he’s lucky.

You're talking like he has actually achieved something here so far. 

Failed to meet his own targets last year. 

Failing to meet the targets set by the owner and CEO this year  

We won yesterday, excellent but we still are off track. 

• Like 4

Slightly OT but I'd rather we be shit in the PL hanging around near the bottom (not dead last and relegated mind)

Than being a bit less shit in the Championship hanging around the play off spots.

The only joy I'd get out of a win in the Championship is if we won the play off final and got out of this league.

Finishing top 2 would of course be even better but I don't see it happening under Bruce, hence why I'm not a fan of him.

Getting out of the league is the only goal, I don't think we'll do it under him, so I want him replaced.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, KHV said:

So would you be happier being 1st in league 1?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I hadn't bothered until now but just read some of his post match comments. 

SB wants to get personal with the fans so be it, just makes his exit all the more enjoyable. 

Even if we win the champions league under him..... I will never support that word removed.....

I won't delete the above post but I hadn't heard about fans abusing him during a game..... that is just plain moronic.

However he probably should've pointed out that's who he was shutting up in press conference. 

Your quite sensitive if you have taken his comments so personally. His comments are a bit annoying and won't do him any favours with some of our fan base. But that's all it is for me. If he continues to win games and get us closer to promotion I will be behind him. I just don't see how this helps the team when he loses he gets grief, when he wins he gets grief. Bruce has his faults but My lord nowhere near as bad as some of our past managers like that cretin sherwood

Too your point about  if we won the champions league and you still wouldn't support him, you would be better supporting another club as if that won't make you happy or praise the manager then you will never be pleased. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your quite sensitive if you have taken his comments so personally. His comments are a bit annoying and won't do him any favours with some of our fan base. But that's all it is for me. If he continues to win games and get us closer to promotion I will be behind him. I just don't see how this helps the team when he loses he gets grief, when he wins he gets grief. Bruce has his faults but My lord nowhere near as bad as some of our past managers like that cretin sherwood

Too your point about  if we won the champions league and you still wouldn't support him, you would be better supporting another club as if that won't make you happy or praise the manager then you will never be pleased. 

Oh lordy I just did this with @NurembergVillan haha. Please read all the relevant posts Dem. I made a comment in the heat of the moment which I go on to explain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It makes no difference to be fair, win lose or draw it’s the same from the Bruce out camp.

When he loses he’s an idiot.

When he draws he’s and idiot.

When he wins he’s lucky.

Which would change if he showed some form of plan, tactics and strategy for the game, and started delivering decent performances.

• Like 1

Give him a break, he’s human, he’s under pressure, he’s massively relieved. Interpret his comments in that light.

No

he‘s a shit manager

and a word removed the way he insults fans

Edited by Grasshopper

Â