Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sounds like they were really grateful....so we'll just play for Steve Bruce.The bloke who signed us can go to hell.

Yeah...."tell that to the marines"

Anybody's guess... I think it would look a lot different now, had RDM been given more time. One thing is certain, Bruce has had enough time. We are going nowhere under him. With the squad we've got, even Black would have had us sitting in the play off spots. Fwiw I don't think Bruce will be able to sustain the form we've now had. I expect us to be midtable before Christmas. As none of us don't actually know what's going on behind the scenes, we can only speculate. Something's wrong, that's for sure. To me we simply don't look like a football team. Whatever Bruce's plan is, he better come up with a new one, and fast.

Edited by vreitti

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

Your first line is coming around to my way of thinking, we are not quite good enough individually.....the manager knows it.

your second line has some merit, but maybe ita all he can sign.

better players have stronger concentration, better players adapt to other positions, better players read the game, better players do not need 5 in midfield.

thats why they are better.

it takes more than the odd flash of improvisation to be a better player.....sorry, i am not trying to be condescending.....but our players are limited and limited in regards to consistency.

Jt is a one off and way above any level of quality we have........just like Macca was.

Sorry TRO

thats all mumbo jumbo.

I believe you have dug too deep a hole for yourself.

There is too much evidence of players performing at other clubs but  not under Bruce and /or players who given the right role and responsibilities who have finally looked effective for us only for Bruce to change from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 and everything in between.

I don‘t want to argue endlessly with you because:

Since Bruce has been here

The good - The good things he has done haven‘t been enough or often enough

The Bad - The bad things have been too a many

The proof is in the table/results.

We are top 6 for now BUT due to injuries and Bruceball tactics and selections we will now have to negotiate the most grueling part of the season

Without Terry

With Samba

Chester moved out from his prefered side

Elmo insead of a bonafide RB

Hutton over Taylor

Snod injured

Whelan - too slow

Jedi - injury prone

Green injured

Hourihane deployed too deep

Onomah hung out to dry every second game ge‘s used

Hogan embarrassed to a clown

JK injured

The whole thing dependent on the holding up ability of an inexperienced 22year old, who he played because every other option we had was injured.

Maybe you should get a shovel for xmas

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Predictions not negative just realistic

QPR Loss 5 wins 1 defeat from 8 at home

Sunderland Draw We should win but they've got several score draws away

Ipswich Loss they've only lost to top teams 

Leeds Loss tough away game. Not won there last 3 and that's going back to 2003

That's 1pt from 12. Maybe turn couple of losses to draws and that's 3. The way were playing and with injuries I struggle to see a win in these games. Hopefully I'm wrong but if not what happens to our season and Bruce?

33 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The whole thing dependent on the holding up ability of an inexperienced 22year old, who he played because every other option we had was injured.

He is 19.

After every run of bad form I've called for Bruce's head and am still confident I am right in doing so, hopefully his next bad run will be his last here as apart from maybe scraping into the playoffs there is nothing else really to hope for at the club at the moment.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry TRO

thats all mumbo jumbo.

There is too much evidence of players performing at other clubs but  not under Bruce and /or players who given the right role and responsibilities who have finally looked effective for us only for Bruce to change from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 and everything in between.

We are top 6 for now BUT due to injuries and Bruceball tactics and selections we will now have to negotiate the most grueling part of the season

Without Terry

With Samba

Hutton over Taylor

Snod injured

Whelan - too slow

Jedi - injury prone

Green injured

JK injured

That last line , even Tro ,himsel must of laughed at that one .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's 1pt from 12. Maybe turn couple of losses to draws and that's 3. The way were playing and with injuries I struggle to see a win in these games. Hopefully I'm wrong but if not what happens to our season and Bruce?

That's FAR too positive!

My prediction is that  by Christmas we will have fewer points than we have now and be midtable in League 1. :unsure:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, lexicon said:

It could be the guy in your avatar that prompted the wizardry thoughts...

On the topic of it though, there's no guarantee that those guys would come in and get things working.

I am not sure what my avatar has anything to do with it.

Are you on strong perscribed drugs at the moment?

For the second post you have again missed the original point made.

Good effort and well twisted though.  :thumb:

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He is 19.

After every run of bad form I've called for Bruce's head and am still confident I am right in doing so, hopefully his next bad run will be his last here as apart from maybe scraping into the playoffs there is nothing else really to hope for at the club at the moment.

Would he survive a second onslaught of hysteria?

He has us in the promotion slot, just, but we need to keep momentum going and keep climbing by grounding out results.

I have predicted that he needs a minimum 11pts from a potential 15 from Novembers fixtures in order to expectedly maintain our climb.

I feel if we have fallen out of the play off places again come December then questions should really be asked.

But none the less. He is going to need to win the next 3 games no excuses in order to maintain our objective.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would he survive a second onslaught of hysteria?

He has us in the promotion slot, just, but we need to keep momentum going and keep climbing by grounding out results.

I have predicted that he needs a minimum 11pts from a potential 15 from Novembers fixtures in order to expectedly maintain our climb.

I feel if we have fallen out of the play off places again come December then questions should really be asked.

But none the less. He is going to need to win the next 3 games no excuses in order to maintain our objective.

I predict 1-5pts in next 4. I can't see us not losing away to QPR or winning at Leeds and Ipswich and Sunderland are no mugs either. Do you think that's an unreasonable assessment?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I predict 1-5pts in next 4. I can't see us not losing away to QPR or winning at Leeds and Ipswich and Sunderland are no mugs either. Do you think that's an unreasonable assessment?

I think you could be bang on.

What we need, and what SB will deliver are 2 very wide margins.

I think we may be lucky to get anything at those games being anything from 1-5pts as it stands, and if transpires this way I would say it is a fair assesment whilst also unacceptable.

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am not sure what my avatar has anything to do with it.

Are you on strong perscribed drugs at the moment?

For the second post you have again missed the original point made.

Good effort and well twisted though.  :thumb:

I have no idea who he is but he looks like a wizard. 

Can you tell what the point I missed was? I like to learn from my mistakes. Anyway, you said that Bruce looked inferior to the managers you mentioned and I went through them and generally disagreed. I'm not sure what more there was to it? 

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sunderland are ridiculously bad, be realistic. 

We go on a good run of form, lose a game to Wednesday and now people are predicting 1 point in 12. Come on lads.

7 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Sunderland are ridiculously bad, be realistic. 

We go on a good run of form, lose a game to Wednesday and now people are predicting 1 point in 12. Come on lads.

QPR, Ipswich, and Leeds?

18 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

This is where I am convinced you dont have a leg to stand on TRO

He is NOT a RB. But it‘s BRUCE who plays him there. The through ball and movement for the second goal could have been prevented by a cohesive defensive unit commiting itself to challenge and/or cover when need be.

Elmo at RB, Samba in any defensive capacity, moving JC to LCB and Hutton over Taylor at LB are ALL STEVE BRUCE decisions.

However, you prefer to blame the players.

On which grounds do you place your logic?

Elmo is a rb and has done pretty well there in most games. He was gash at rm and why woukd we want him at rm when we have better players that can play there?

18 hours ago, TRO said:

With all the levels/ tiers  of football in this country are you trying tell me the players at this level need to be told by the manager for some of the stuff you mention.

I accept that as a team and the interaction of players is down to him......individual flaws is down to the players to iron out....sure they can ask for help, but they have the reputation, they have to live up to it.

Look, there are things the players themselves are responsible for.....keeping themselves in shape, in form etc.......the manager can't trap a ball for them or indeed pass it.He can't make their decisions of when to release the ball or who to pass to.

as for losing your best player it is the managers job.....but they don't grow on trees, its a setback.....i'm sure Koeman wanted to replace Lukaku.

There is opposition in training, but they all know each other, its synthetic.....its not like real life, players you don't know ( in comparison) and unsure what they are going to do.

I seen SB screaming on saturday for players to get forward, so i think there is a fair bit of suppostion at play at times.

I prefer to say its the players and the manager, to single out one sector, i would have to see a lot more behind the scenes.

If it was so conclusive that SB is wrong for us.....why do people that have money at risk continue with him?

It should be things that the players should do by themselves, without even thinking about it, but if they dont do it, the basics, as i saw it saturday and especially Elmohamedy, Whelan, Hogan, then Bruce should adress it in training and if they still dont do it and he keeps picking them, then at the end its his responsibility. He is picking the team week in, week out and if he keeps picking players who doesnt do the basics and fundamental things in football, then there is no consequenses for playing badly and why should the other players give their all in training?

I was all in for Steve Bruce in the beginning, but he has lost me because of the way he plays. I have seen games where we havent produced a single attacking play or created any chances for 45 minutes and only had 2-4 shots on goal and in my view, that is just not good enough...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

It should be things that the players should do by themselves, without even thinking about it, but if they dont do it, the basics, as i saw it saturday and especially Elmohamedy, Whelan, Hogan, then Bruce should adress it in training and if they still dont do it and he keeps picking them, then at the end its his responsibility. He is picking the team week in, week out and if he keeps picking players who doesnt do the basics and fundamental things in football, then there is no consequenses for playing badly and why should the other players give their all in training?

I was all in for Steve Bruce in the beginning, but he has lost me because of the way he plays. I have seen games where we havent produced a single attacking play or created any chances for 45 minutes and only had 2-4 shots on goal and in my view, that is just not good enough...

yeah, I accept that.

I could tell you an interesting story, about a player at another club, who was having problems getting in the team.....some might be bored on here, so pm me if you are interested.

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Sorry TRO

thats all mumbo jumbo.

Without Terry

With Samba

Hutton over Taylor

Snod injured

Whelan - too slow

Jedi - injury prone

Green injured

JK injured

hark at the pot calling the kettle black.....you need a JCB not a shovel......or rehab.

Edited by TRO

Â