Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TRO said:

yeah, I accept that.

I could tell you an interesting story, about a player at another club, who was having problems getting in the team.....some might be bored on here, so pm me if you are interested.

I am interested TRO....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Elmo is a rb and has done pretty well there in most games. He was gash at rm and why woukd we want him at rm when we have better players that can play there?

why would we want him at RB when we have better players that can play there?

is my point

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

why would we want him at RB when we have better players that can play there?

is my point

Like who? I actually think huttons better at lb than rb incrediblely. Bree I haven't seen enough on to comment yet but he does not seem as attacking as Elmo. De laet jury still out for me. Richards is utter shit so who else is there?

29 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Yes I do, Bree, Samba, Lansbury, Hogan and Elmo to name 5 out the 16 not so much and selling Baker was baffling.

I agree but only one has caused a financial problem.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Like who? I actually think huttons better at lb than rb incrediblely. Bree I haven't seen enough on to comment yet but he does not seem as attacking as Elmo. De laet jury still out for me. Richards is utter shit so who else is there?

Elmo is not a natural defender

Bree & RDL are.

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why was selling Baker baffling, he wasn’t very good! 

I agree - he was pretty ropey - he  and Clarke were a liability imo 

its easy to look back and be nostalgic  but I would not want to see him in a villa defence again 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

From memory he played RB or RWB in a 532/352 majority of time for Hull 

I'm trying to decide if Hull playing him there is an argument for or against him being "a natural defender."

Seriously, I think he plays because Bruce feels comfortable him.  Bruce always plays the safe and conservative option.  Elmo is a safe option to Bruce because he is a known entity (To Bruce).

Steve Bruce, Manager of Aston Villa Football Club.

The Board at AVFC, specifically Dr Tony Xia, need to get their head/s out of the sand and take a good look at the current situation we are in and have some forsight of where we are going from here.

Steve Bruce MUST be sacked immediately before he does irrepairable damage to the club, cost us £millions in player purchases, sales and wages and wastes another season down in the Ch whilst the PL gravy-train travels further down the track leaving us behind in terms of money, time and marketability. All on the premise that „given time I will get AVFC promoted“.

Bruce IS doing to us, exactly what he did to Sunderland. Players in & out at enormous costs taking no responsibility of the consequences because he’s at the half-way house point „to be sacked? or not to be sacked?“ all the time doing enough to maintain a little hope but not enough to warrant the „he is 100% the man to get us promoted“ tag. He is in self preservation mode to keep him in a job using the „I need time“ mantra.

Last January‘s transfer window was both good and bad. We got rid of some „bad for the club“ players and brought in a few. Of those  - SJ, NT, HL, CH & Bree plus Hogan - only NT „worked“ immediately, SJ & CH have taken 6/8 months to show themselves, Bree has been ignored, Lansbury and Hogan have been wrongly used and have not looked good .Add McC, RDL and initially Adomah (beginning of the season) Bruce is very good at assigning players to the „Buy - not working out - then sell“ category.

IMHO, the first sign that Bruce is embarking on a players „turnover for turnovers sake“ is the sale of Baker. Of the players already here or the ones he buys, then wants to sell, he either:

1- gets nothing out of them.

2- doesnt get on with them

3- dismisses them as „not what I want“

4- deems them as „not good enough“ (as it‘s always the players fault).

The Summer transfer window saw JT come in (great coup - great so far - such a shame that a 36y.o. will get injured and be out longer than a twen - all the more reason to keep Baker), SJ re-loaned (took him 6/7 months and a stint back training with ManUre to show his ability), Samba - a complete joke as a defender - a joker to throw up front for the last 10mins.......ha bloody ha, Whelan, old & tiring, Onomah, young & inconsistant, Elmo (bought to replace AA at RW.......Snod bought........ now at RB.......).

The warning signs are there to see

First its Baker out - unbelievable decision

Now rumour (I know - I‘m not ITK) has it that Bree & RDL will be sold to create funds for a few more „Bruce-Ballers“ who may or may not work/he doesn‘t bother playing.

Meanwhile we sit on the dead capital that is McC, Hogan, Gaby & Richards sucking high wages out of the club.

DrT simply cannot let Bruce loose on selling off to buy even more of his kind draining our time & money whilst we are „not looking like promo-certs“ with the inevitable excuse „I‘ll get us promoted - I just need more time, another window, more players in, more players out and a pre-season, more time, more............“.

Utter madness keeping this guy, and I‘m dumbfounded that whoever is in control of sticking or twisting doesn‘t see it.

Unbelievable Jeff!

As a quick fix, appointing SB didn‘t work, I saw the logic, agreed with the decision and supported him initially. But it failed and continues to fall short. We MUST get rid and have a go at promotion via another method of management.

IMHO, if DrT sacks Bruce then Wyness and maybe Round have to go too. However, whilst KW & SR have any kind of say in decisions, they are both loathed to suggest sacking Bruce and (annoyingly) support Bruce for self-preservation reasons only. It is blatently obvious (for those who are not living in denial or delusional) that it simply hasn‘t worked and shows very little evidence of working. All that is happening is that we are playing catch-up after a bad start - go on a run - gain ground - falling short again. Rinse & repeat.

Sure, one can blame injuries, bad refs and bad luck. But at some point one simply must do exactly what is says on the tin - Be in a promotion place. Not there or there abouts playing catch-up.

It‘s not happening and the board must react NOW.

If not, we will only increase our player pool of „dead capital“ and decrease our pool of „time and money“

Bruce Out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â