Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That's what the best squad in the league should be doing. 

No surprise to me that the players are capable of this when played in an attacking formation and way. 

Fair play to him, he was on the verge of going and he's fought back in style. 

Absolutely this.

He deserved all the flak for his excessive caution IMO but as we sit here tonight that is now in the past.

Football is about nothing if not the present and future.

He's changed his approach ( hopefully against the good sides too) and we now look like a side full of decent players.

Still early days but if he continues that way we have a chance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Away days at Leeds, Derby, Wolves etc will be the true test for Bruce.

We flopped badly against Cardiff so here is hoping we truly have turned a corner. I hope so because I will gladly eat that humble pie.

Not in any way defending our performance or lack thereof against Cardiff but maybe they just are a pretty good side who will do that to many teams this season. They handled a leeds side ,who have been on fire so far, with ease tonight..however i think that Millwall and now Cardiff have showed that leeds under christiansen play nice football but are probably bit more solid and tough under monk.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Bruce is really taking us on a roller coaster ride. That sunuva...

Don't know about a rollercoaster but, has anyone else noticed that since Bruce joined Villa Demitri_C posts like he's been possessed by an evil Scandinavian spirit?

• Like 1

Just now, villarocker said:

Don't know about a rollercoaster but, has anyone else noticed that since Bruce joined Villa Demitri_C posts like he's been possessed by an evil Scandinavian spirit?

Well we do have a fair few of such spirits to pick from up here. I'm happy for him :D

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Absolutely this.

He deserved all the flak for his excessive caution IMO but as we sit here tonight that is now in the past.

Football is about nothing if not the present and future.

He's changed his approach ( hopefully against the good sides too) and we now look like a side full of decent players.

Still early days but if he continues that way we have a chance.

Yes he deserves flak for things like Brentford at home but at same time feel he deserves praise for wins like tonight. Was a truest remarkable performance regardless who we play. Fulham for example 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Credit where it is due that was a vast vast improvement although they were poor side.

I still have major doubts about him which I think are justified after the results and performances over the last near 12 months.

But can’t deny that we looked a much better side.

Hopefully it continues.

Welcome to the dark side :trollface:

on a serious note fair play to you you have critised him but give credit when he earns it

Im trying to figure out if he hit it luckily with Davis or not.  Didn't realise how important he is to the team until he went off on Saturday. Ill give Bruce the benefit of the doubt and say it was very good management by him to spot his talent and what he offers 

Edited by HeyAnty

Â