Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, perchman said:

Broke Readings unbeaten home form, broke Fulhams unbeaten away form....these are the records I like.

Hopefully next week we'll be breaking the hearts of some bin bothering monsters .

And Tom Ross. 

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

It was great to see Green on the bench too. Would have been another good direct option to have around - young man playing without fear etc. 

After having a good preseason he disappeared into the wilderness under RDM

TBF RDM gave Green a few opportunities, early in the season.

Hated him when he was at the scum... Always managed to get wins and scrape draws against us...

Now he is with us and seems genuinely delighted to be here and has gotten off to a great start... Couldn't be rooting for him more!

Keep it up Steve!

I'm a big proponent of maintaining possession and getting our players to be more comfortable on the ball but what we did today was actually very clever. We're still quite mentally fragile and nervous especially at home so it made sense to let Fulham have so much of the ball when they did so little with it. There were more opportunities for them to make mistakes rather than us and that's exactly what led to our goal actually.

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

Terrific performance from Bruce. Suddenly a team that look like they know what they are doing, a defensive performance without any trace of a circus show. Best of all you can already trace the evolution over the three games.

And impatient Holtenders please note, that fifteen minutes in the first half when Fulham had the ball, that wasn't us failing to 'get into them' it was top quality Eleven man defending.

Said exactly the same as I was watching. 

If we sacked him now he would have the best average points total ever, just a thought ....

I'm chuffed hes doing well, getting the basics right and not over complicating things. There will be blips, the team hasn't changed over night but I'm going to enjoy this strange feeling , winning games mmmmm. UTV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I wanted Steve Bruce and even I think thats an absurd statement. Humble pie after three games? Ridiculous.

Its the same kind of short termism that sees managers fired after four games, or Paul Lambert given a new four year contract after a decent start to a season.

Just let it play out for a few weeks, months if you're feeling generous, before that question is asked.

Just to clarify it was only meant for the worst of the fearmongers, that were claiming that Bruce would get us relegated, or we should hate him for managing small heath. I by no means am calling him a messiah, but he probably deserves a few apologies......

Edited by Villan_of_oz

It was a shit game up until they tried to overplay at the back though it also should have ended up finishing as 2 or 3 nil.

We still don't know how to close games out, the last 4 or 5 mins were pretty end to end and hectic.

2 wins on the bounce though should give the squad a lot of confidence and it couldn't have been better timed given our next fixture.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

10 strikers and Gollini :D

According to Wiki 4 apps in all comps, I remember he coming off the bench early on but against who I couldn't say

We were losing and the game was beyond us.... pointless substitution imo

Fulham came to Villa Park to frustrate, expecting us to be unable to break them down and for the fans to turn and build pressure on the players, so they could snatch a win from a mistake.

Those **** got it so wrong.

11 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

With respect mate you are missing the point, their possession was so high precisely because they didn't even try to be productive with it.

I wouldn't say didn't try so much as frequently had absolutely nowhere to go, due to excellent team defending.

Â