Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Then you deserve my apology.....and I apologise for misinterpreting your intended comments.

No need to apologise at all, meaning and tone are virtually absent on the internet, so it's no problem. Thanks for giving me the chance to explain my poorly written post :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

His mates would probably call him that. So, yeah. I don't think that " Brucie boy" is that bad either. I have been called something similar by people younger than me, and in context, it wasn't meant in disrespect.

His mates....your mates ;)

I don' t want to labour the point, but.....

are we HIS mates? 

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No need to apologise at all, meaning and tone are virtually absent on the internet, so it's no problem. Thanks for giving me the chance to explain my poorly written post :) 

I am not bold enough to say it is poorly written, on the contrary , I have always enjoyed your posts.

just anxious to respect a guy who has come to resurrect our time.

He is clearly sensitive of some of the things we have aimed at him in the past...his endorsement of the fans chanting his name at reading was a clear indication of his joy.

My opinion is with all the derogatory stuff aimed at him in the past ( and the past is the past)..    I am just keen we get off to a positive reference to him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am not bold enough to say it is poorly written, I have always enjoyed your posts.

just anxious to respect a guy who has come to resurrect our time.

He is clearly sensitive of some of the things we have aimed at him in the past...his endorsement of the fans chanting his name at reading was a clear indication of his joy.

My opinion is with all the derogatory stuff aimed at him in the past ( and the past is the past)..    I am just keen we get off to a positive reference to him.

I agree TRO, I think we're on the same page. 

• Like 2

That Blues team was shite tonight and Brucey was there watching them. They'll have to break up their back four too and they've lost when doing that only once this season. I've got this feeling that tells me we'll turn the noses over and that will be the turning point for our season. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That Blues team was shite tonight and Brucey was there watching them. They'll have to break up their back four too and they've lost when doing that only once this season. I've got this feeling that tells me we'll turn the noses over and that will be the turning point for our season. 

But lets be low key.....and put the pressure on them.

they are higher in the league etc.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

His mates....your mates ;)

I don' t want to labour the point, but.....

are we HIS mates? 

I guess it all comes down to individual perspectives. I don't think we can define ourselves as mates with Steve Bruce. As it is, some people like him, some people don't. It wouldn't be to the point where we can pop over to his house and borrow his lawn mower or anything like that, but he would probably consider us as "the crowd". The crowd could be admiring and respectful, or they could be abusive or derogatory. The crowd referring him as Brucie could be regarded as quite endearing. The crowd calling him " Brucie boy" could come across as quite demeaning, however, when used in a post, could be regarded as affection. Calling Steve Bruce " Mr Potato Head", however or wherever, is just mean and childish.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villarocker said:

A win would be massive but I'd settle for a point. Have to be realistic our team doesn't cope well with pressure and we are going to be under severe pressure next week at the sty from the unwashed fans

7 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Ive liked everything that Brucey has said so far and have grown to like the idea of him being our manager. I really hope that the players work hard and perform for him/us because I think that he could really do well for us long term with the support of the fans and owner. 

Bruce obviously loves it here and I love the way he refers to his time managing the unclean as "seven years down the road". I lol'd when I read that :D :flag:

• Like 2

The more I hear him talk and the more good results the more I like him. Thought he was the right choice but didn't really want him as I've never really liked him. Must admit I think now I was just being pig headed, from all accounts seems a decent guy, pleased to be here and Doing what's needed so far. More and more I hope he can be the success we've been waiting for the last however mangers. Lots of work to do but he's got my support.

Edited by honest_bertie
  • Like 4

I've always liked Bruce as a player and a manager (even though I could never understand him teaming up with the inbreds)

He wasnt my 1st choice but going through my prefered list Bruce is an appointment I not only agree with (for getting us promoted -beyond that we'll see) but understand as a logical appointment from the board and someone I can get behind 100%

However

I do think, in my sense of humour mode, Potatoe-Head is a very apt nick-name that is really funny.

But I prefer Fist-face, I mean, just look at him. Fist-face is a perfect word to discribe him.

I like him, he has my support 100%

Nice to see you to see you Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

but he'll always be fist face to me

I like Bruce, I think he's come across well since taking the job and it seems he really wants to be here and work hard to improve us. We've been bad at the basics for so long, fitness is one aspect, also set pieces we've looked completely unthreatening from for years, I trust Bruce to see things like this and sort them out. 

One thing I realised is that he was SHA manager during the only period in my life where they were a top flight club who regularly beat us. I really think that he's the right man to sort us out and re-establish us as a solid PL side, then we can bring in someone else to build on his foundations once we get there, as mid-table seems to be about his ceiling. We have to get the basics right before we can look to push on. 

I wouldn't have wanted him to be managing us a few years back, but the reality at the club is different now. So while I might not like that were in a situation where SB is about the best option for us, I certainly don't have a problem with his appointment given our circumstances

Hopefully we can get 3 points today and carry on with our rebuild, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Up the Villa!

Â