Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

How you can not attribute it to the manager is beyond me.

I know it's not your point but we were so comfortable until whelan did that stupid mistake. It's not all down to the manager when you have gash players like whelan make errors like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know it's not your point but we were so comfortable until whelan did that stupid mistake. It's not all down to the manager when you have gash players like whelan make errors like that.

It's down to the manager though when he keeps selecting a player a blind man and his dog know is shite

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It's down to the manager though when he keeps selecting a player a blind man and his dog know is shite

Unfortunately diOesnt seem to be many alternatives just now. Prefer Lansbury until jedinak is back

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Good Win,

We beat one of the better teams that have been under performing.  He did what was required for that game, Bjaarnson looks like a non league player at this level.  He should not be allowed to play for us.

Sadly, he is so below the standard required.....just brought on for the legs.....we have to do better than that.

Edited by TRO

37 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Well as I predicted in the week that Bruce wouldn't get us top 6 I think it's time I moved my sights a little higher, I don't think Bruce will have us in the top 2 while he is here and look forward to being proven wrong again in a few weeks.

You talk with a sense of entitlement.....do you keep moving the bar until he can't achieve it.?

just enjoy the win and the few positives, despite Fulham being the better footballing side.

but hey!.....lets give ourselves a break and enjoy the win.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Attribute what? Not playing a better weighted pass or choosing a different option as I don't put either down to the manager.

Well I know @TrentVilla can speak for himself but if hazard s guess he might mean the way we became more and more defensive, rather than aggressive, in the last quarter.

He might not mean that at all of course!

Im with you Mark that it was a largely decent performance and that with a couple of better decisions we could’ve been comfortable earlier ( on the other hand had they took their opportunities etc etc)

....but for me the biggest danger to us was - as it so often is IMO - that Bruce would rather  protect 2-1 than try for 3-1.......I think they were so poor defensively and with no Plan B that had we pushed on at 2-1 we could’ve sealed it comfortably.

So I DO think Bruce did ok today and I did think we played some good stuff, but I can’t abide his overriding caution and am sure it will cost us like it did last year.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

We made it more nervy for ourselves than it should have been but I can't really put that down to the manager. We were a better weighted pass or choosing a different option away from getting another couple today as we wasted some great situations.

We aren't playing to our potential yet but after 1 defeat in 10 taking 21 points I don't see that as a big negative. If we can play to our potential and improve on our form over the last 10 games we will be laughing and well on course for top 2.

Is that actual top 2 or just in front of 3rd ? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well I know @TrentVilla can speak for himself but if hazard s guess he might mean the way we became more and more defensive, rather than aggressive, in the last quarter.

He might not mean that at all of course!

Im with you Mark that it was a largely decent performance and that with a couple of better decisions we could’ve been comfortable earlier ( on the other hand had they took their opportunities etc etc)

....but for me the biggest danger to us was - as it so often is IMO - that Bruce would rather  protect 2-1 than try for 3-1.......I think they were so poor defensively and with no Plan B that had we pushed on at 2-1 we could’ve sealed it comfortably.

So I DO think Bruce did ok today and I did think we played some good stuff, but I can’t abide his overriding caution and am sure it will cost us like it did last year.

We had some very good situations mate and had we have chose the better pass or weighted the pass better we'd have given ourselves a great chance of scoring a couple more. You then don't get the nervy finish and trying to protect a narrow lead.

The subs were defensive but for me the right ones in last 10 mins. Snodgrass wasn't having much of an impact. The only thing with bringing De Laet on is I would probably of put him right back and pushed Elmo forward but having said that De Laet in his 10 mins had a very good chance to score so did get forward.

As for the other contentious sub Adomah was out on his feet as he ran himself into the ground. Bjarnasson was the only real wide option and we did need someone who could help our make shift left back out as he was getting sucked inside.

Fulhams biggest threats are out wide and the more they pushed for an equaliser the greater that threat would likely become so to shore up the wide areas made sense. As it was it worked well as Fulham created nothing after our substitutions.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We had some very good situations mate and had we have chose the better pass or weighted the pass better we'd have given ourselves a great chance of scoring a couple more. You then don't get the nervy finish and trying to protect a narrow lead.

The subs were defensive but for me the right ones in last 10 mins. Snodgrass wasn't having much of an impact. The only thing with bringing De Laet on is I would probably of put him right back and pushed Elmo forward but having said that De Laet in his 10 mins had a very good chance to score so did get forward.

As for the other contentious sub Adomah was out on his feet as he ran himself into the ground. Bjarnasson was the only real wide option and we did need someone who could help our make shift left back out as he was getting sucked inside.

Fulhams biggest threats are out wide and the more they pushed for an equaliser the greater that threat would likely become so to shore up the wide areas made sense. As it was it worked well as Fulham created nothing after our substitutions.

A better weighted pass or better pass selection might mean they’re Prem rather than Championship players though. Too harsh?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

A better weighted pass or better pass selection might mean they’re Prem rather than Championship players though. Too harsh?

Maybe. They were quite basic passes/clear openings though that I think on another day they'd have gotten right.

Bottom line for me is that I don't think we are playing to our potential but I don't think we are far away and having lost one of our last 10 taking 21 points that isn't a bad place to be in.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dappadan said:

I just don't get this. Every single player worked their socks off today. If anything the sitting back was to do with being absolutely knackered!! 

I don't believe the manager tells the players to sit back in that situation. 

If this were the only time it happened that theory would hold water. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villarocker said:

We were 6-3-1 not 4-4-2

Dont know which game you were watching but both davis and kodjia were def playing up front.  Id give you 6-2-2 but there is no way in hell we ever had 3 players across the middle

Edited by flashingqwerty
Typos

6 hours ago, av1 said:

I was going to post something similar. 

And for those not at the game today, here is a brief overview. 

1st half

Started great, scored.

Sat back, conceded.

I didn’t watch the second half, but this is absolute bollocks. We dicked on Fulham first half - didn’t sit back at all. 

Sometimes, the anti-Bruce is just way too apparent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

They did actually do anything of note? Fulham apparently had 2 shots on target in the entire game - both first half, one saved by Johnstone and the other was their equaliser. 

Did we really look that bad second half?

6 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Attribute what? Not playing a better weighted pass or choosing a different option as I don't put either down to the manager.

That we made it more nervy for ourselves than it should have been.

Granted you are right, with some better execution or decision making we could have taken the game away from them. That is on the players not Bruce.

But his substitutions, tactical changes and you would have to assume tactical instructions ensured a nervy finished that just wasn’t necessary.

Fulham weren’t really in the game and yet last 15 mind we went deeper and deeper, largely due to Bruce’s changes.

We ended up hoofing it clear with no outlet when we could have continued in a more positive manner and tried to control the game.

That is entirely on Bruce.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

They did actually do anything of note? Fulham apparently had 2 shots on target in the entire game - both first half, one saved by Johnstone and the other was their equaliser. 

Did we really look that bad second half?

Their second shot on target was actually in the second half - the Johnstone save from point blank range. I agree with your point though. We rarely looked troubled and saw the game out fairly comfortably. 

Â