Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I hope Bruce is watching the Spurs game , because that's how you boss a game ,when you have less possession than the opposition .

I can't see Onomah not wanting to go back to Spurs .

Not even some of the best teams in the country can play like spurs do so what chance would Bruce have?!

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not even some of the best teams in the country can play like spurs do so what chance would Bruce have?!

Isn't it all relative? Spurs are one of the top teams in the PL we are supposedly one of the top in the Championship why can't we dominate in our league?  

8 hours ago, weedman said:

You have to remember though that Fulham had scored 4 late goals in the last 4 games before us, Bruce made the defensive changes where the other 4 teams didn't and we won without them really creating anything.

I'm glad someone pointed that out. I'm pretty sure Bruce had mentioned something similar prior to the game. Also, before yesterday, they had the second best away record in the division.

46 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Isn't it all relative? Spurs are one of the top teams in the PL we are supposedly one of the top in the Championship why can't we dominate in our league?  

I dont ever recall any bruce side playing the spurs way. Cant see that myself ever happening. 

I think jokanovic will be best bet for that style of football

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont ever recall any bruce side playing the spurs way. Cant see that myself ever happening. 

I think jokanovic will be best bet for that style of football

Perhaps the Doc did a swap deal after the game yesterday?:D

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Then I can only assume you didn’t see the first half because they were making mistake after mistake after mistake, unforced I might add. Their keeper put the ball out so many times in the first half people were laughing at him.

I agree with your assesment on the keeper and i think we can all pick out individual incidents that are relevant to an opinion....which i respect yours.

I think that overall Fulham showed me enough to say, that they know how to play football....but they are not without criticism either.

I also think on the day, villa showed how they know how to win matches....and they did.

There are bits and pieces we can all pick up on......and do you know what, we are right, but so what.

No team is perfect.

The simple fact is despite what you thought of the content of the game.

Steve Bruce beat Slovenia Jokanovic.

Fact.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Then I can only assume you didn’t see the first half because they were making mistake after mistake after mistake, unforced I might add. Their keeper put the ball out so many times in the first half people were laughing at him.

i seen the whole game, as i was sitting in the stadium.

I think, we could have scored many more goals had we of been clinical.....how ever i think Fulham in general played very well in terms of their football prowess.

had it of been at craven cottage the result could have been different.

as for Fulham playing poor......never in a million years.

good side.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree with your assesment on the keeper and i think we can all pick out individual incidents that are relevant to an opinion....which i respect yours.

I think that overall Fulham showed me enough to say, that they know how to play football....but they are not without criticism either.

I also think on the day, villa showed how they know how to win matches....and they did.

There are bits and pieces we can all pick up on......and do you know what, we are right, but so what.

No team is perfect.

Good footballing side but very one dimensional at the same time for me, in that they had only one way of playing even when it was obviously suicidal to keep messing around as they did at the back. A good example of there being more than one way to play football.  On this occasion Bruce got it right for me (for most the first half and half the second anyway, which is something !)

As it happened I thought the contrast  - and the space !! - made for an enjoyable game for the first time since I cant remember when.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

i seen the whole game, as i was sitting in the stadium.

I think, we could have scored many more goals had we of been clinical.....how ever i think Fulham in general played very well in terms of their football prowess.

had it of been at craven cottage the result could have been different.

as for Fulham playing poor......never in a million years.

good side.

I know they are a good side, but they didn’t play well yesterday in the first half. As their own manager has said.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I know they are a good side, but they didn’t play well yesterday in the first half. As their own manager has said.

Sorry mate, I'll bow out....I thought we beat a good side.....over 90 + minutes.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A game is not about one half its about 2

we beat a good side.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

A game is not about one half its about 2

we beat a good dide.

How many times... 

I know they are a good side. But good sides can play poorly, as they did first half as their manager has said. That’s about the 4th time I’ve clarified that.

Regardless of if you agree or not, the distinction between saying a side played poorly and are a poor side is fairly obvious. 

Man U are a good side, they played poorly yesterday it doesn’t mean I think they are a poor side. And saying they are a good side doesn’t change that they played badly. 

And yes, a games of two halves. Fulham played poorly in one and well in the second.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

How many times... 

I know they are a good side. But good sides can play poorly, as they did first half as their manager has said. That’s about the 4th time I’ve clarified that.

Regardless of if you agree or not, the distinction between saying a side played poorly and are a poor side is fairly obvious. 

Man U are a good side, they played poorly yesterday it doesn’t mean I think they are a poor side. And saying they are a good side doesn’t change that they played badly. 

Well...... i think you are respectfully failing to understand what i have said....my opinion.

I am not interested in Man Utd and what they did....I am talking about our game.

I think ( my opinion) we beat a team much better at keeping and playing with the ball as us.

I think Fulham are a good side and I think overall they played well against us.....but we beat them.

Just now, TRO said:

Well...... i think you are respectfully failing to understand what i have said....my opinion.

I am not interested in Man Utd and what they did....I am talking about our game.

I think ( my opinion) we beat a team much better at keeping and playing with the ball as us.

I think Fulham are a good side and I think overall they played well against us.....but we beat them.

No, not failing to understand what you are saying. I get it’s your opinion. 

But you keep responding saying Fulham are a good side as if I’ve said otherwise.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, not failing to understand what you are saying. I get it’s your opinion. 

But you keep responding saying Fulham are a good side as if I’ve said otherwise.

Sorry.....shall ,we agree to disagree?

I' ll go as far to say they are a fine side.

Edited by TRO

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How many times... 

And yes, a games of two halves. Fulham played poorly in one and well in the second.

Could the same not be said as an appraisal of our result last week? 

• Like 3

Â