Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

These things normally get announced around tea time. Bruce is probably telling them how he can turn into Pep overnight.

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

I'm not sure we will hear anything today with a match being played tonight. If he's going it will probably be tomorrow!

Depends if he’s at the game I guess? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

As much as I want someone else in who can build a team with youth and play better football which is not Bruce's remit, I think they will keep him, but only for a year.

With it being so close to the start of the season I think the new owners don't want to cause too much disruption.

I'd like to think they area good business men and they will see next season as one to keep it steady,  get over the FFP issues then next summer tell him thanks bit no thanks and start with no financial issues and get someone else in.

Having seen most of the games and Burton on Sat this will another year of turgid football relying on talent to win games. Next may we will finish near the bottom of the top half, Bruce will go, new manager, new players, new money sponsors or kit, old players contracts gone so a push for promotion 2019/20 can happen 

The thought of another year of that dismal football is depressing, trust me.

So it sounds like Bruce is staying. Whatever your view on the matter, he deserves the support from the fans now and we can concentrate on looking forward. Will be interesting to hear what was discussed today.

Makes you wonder where all this Henry talk came from, wonder if it was all BS.  

If he is staying then I’m ok with it and will support him but personally I think all the talk about a change in manager is a great thing as if Bruce is serious about his job then hopefully this will give him a wake up call and keep him on his toes a bit. If it doesn’t and he reacts in the negative then bye bye I guess. It’s only good for Villa imo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Id bet they were/are interested (where the smoke came from) but the figures dont tally with a club so close to ffp limits.

Yeah, especially considering neither the club or Henry himself ever denied the rumours. Still, we can finally move on now. 

Hope we don't hear some idiotic 'Bruce out' chants, that's the last thing the team needs right now. 

• Like 1

We now have the 3rd richest owners in the country, an accounting method to see off FFP, funds for transfers and a manager who, going by the friendlies, wants to play more passing football! Now is there anybody out there that can tell me that is a worse position than this time last week?

Â