Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Promotion will mean the absolute world to us, if Bruce gets us that then it's very simple, he has to stay.

Has to stay ? I'm not sure he has to stay - I think there are those who share the train of thought that he would have achieved his target, but is not the man to take the club further forward. Personally neither do I, but equally I feel it would be very harsh to get rid after he achieved promotion - I'm glad it would not be my call.

This said I think the club would keep him.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Promotion will mean the absolute world to us, if Bruce gets us that then it's very simple, he has to stay.

This should be about what is best for Aston Villa, not Steve Bruce.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This should be about what is best for Aston Villa, not Steve Bruce.

Well that can be interpreted both ways, stability, a team of players who respect the manager and the addition of some new blood for mucho dollar is probably a good recipe for next season if we go up - and that probably means keeping Bruce. 

• Like 2

I’m happy for Bruce to remain as manager if we get promoted as I trust him in the transfer market and do believe his players respect and want to play for him. 

But in terms of tactics and style of player there is a massive emphasis on the coaching staff to really get this right as I don’t believe this is Bruce’s forte.

• Like 2

Big respect to Bruce today. 

Only question between most fans was Jedi or Whelan. 

Probably Whelan edged it for most. 

Jedi was 100% the right call.  Big men take big decisions. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Big respect to Bruce today. 

Only question between most fans was Jedi or Whelan. 

Probably Whelan edged it for most. 

Jedi was 100% the right call.  Big men take big decisions. 

I’d pick Jedinak over Whelan in every single game ever. Not even close.

The organisation today was superb, but we didn’t get out enough (and Bruce said as much at the end). I can’t imagine it will be the same at home. 

7 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Got everything right today as far as I'm concerned, great result. I'm not too worried about boro at our place now. Hutton was quality as well today. 

I've been a massive Hutton hater, but he owes us, he should be playing out of his skin. 

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

bit of a Steve Bruce masterclass that 

It's HIS area. Pullis has been tarting about for a long time in the lower regions of the prem, he has no right in a play off. 

10 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Interesting stat that about us conceding the fewest number of goals in the county in the last fifteen minutes. Compare that to RDM and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the opposite. 

And that is down to the Manager.

I can’t describe how it feels to see the character in this side after years of Micah, Lescott and the rest

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's HIS area. Pullis has been tarting about for a long time in the lower regions of the prem, he has no right in a play off. 

Pulis is a good manager......and Albion would have stayed up, if they had kept him.

Our manager is pretty decent too.....Some might get around to realising it someday.

Fortunately, most at Villa Park do.

• Like 4

Â