Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It looked like fatigue to me too, I agree with him.

Very poor excuse imo. We have a large squad filled with quality players. You don't really have to be Einstein to understand Jedinak isn't able to play twice in three days.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has blamed fatigue for tonight's woeful performance

I knew we would **** it up. Just knew it.

I’m not going to be too critical of him, as I didn’t question his team selection before the game and it’s hard to blame a guy for not changing a team that played so well last time out. 

...but it strikes me as odd to blame fatigue when you haven’t made any changes to your team. 

So our old, old players, those we have partly because they are too old for their premiership best, were tired on Tuesday after a huge effort on Saturday,   Who could have possibly foreseen that?   

Edited by srsmithusa
  • Like 3

It's like it's taken a single match to put him back 3 months.  His decisions today were absolutely disastrous from original team selection to formations to substitutions. 

Zero out of 10. 

Needs to take a hard look at himself. 

The only thing that suprised me is that he didn't bring Onomah on.   That would have been the diarrhoea icing on the shit cake and is something I would have put money on him doing. 

Utterly baffling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm very unhappy with this, when the f***has 5-3-2 worked for us?? Was that supposed to be a more attacking formation when we were 2 goals down?? The result of that master stroke tactics was that Adomah, our best scorer was played further back. The same with Grealish, playing further down the pitch and disappeared. Hourihane? Where was he supposed to play, completely wanished. We lost our play completely and hardly created anything, just hoofing it towards Davis. In one stroke half of our team was played out of position.

The last 15 mins of the first half we managed to put them under pressure and played well. If we wanted to play more attacking, why not just take one midfielder off and go 4-4-2?

We looked tired and uninspired from the beginning, we should have seen that coming having played that huge game against wolves three days earlier, why not make one or two changes? Birkir scored the goal of his life, let him play instead of Jedinak who looked tired from the start for example.

Very bad managed by the Steves and Colin. You made a mess of it.

Agree with every single point made here. 

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It probably was fatigue Terry, yes, but are Cardiff feeling tired, or Fulham? They probably are, but they keep winning. We have been on a great run and things can still change again in our favour, but you have to say that was extremely disappointing and worryingly so given the opposition. Hard to not feel concerned by that, surely?

There’s no reason why we should or shouldn’t be fatigued because of what another team is or isn’t feeling.

No I’m not concerned,

In my view we were not all that different from many other games, but if you are 10% off it and the other team is on it it’s tough.

I happen to think the pressure of playing for a big club where promotion is expected is a whole different kettle of fish to playing for Cardiff. I also think we are a bigger scalp and play more big games . As an example for years Man U had that, every game was like a Cip Final for theoppositon. Just a few reasons because I’m tired !

I think we had too much firepower for most teams before tonight, and will have again.

1 hour ago, vreitti said:

Very poor excuse imo. We have a large squad filled with quality players. You don't really have to be Einstein to understand Jedinak isn't able to play twice in three days.

What? So Bruce is thick ?

Or maybe all their science stats and observations in training informed the decision ?

Thongs don’t always work, it doesn’t always mean someone has cocked up,

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Or maybe all their science stats and observations in training informed the decision ?

Unless the manager in his post match interview basically admits he did cock up

Ive not felt like this since that stoke game under oneil, totally deflated and i believe we will be looking at this result in years to come should we not go up through play offs. Bruce has to take all the flack for this, its ok him saying we were tired from wolves game but thats what his squad is for total neglect on bruces part. This is the best squad we will ever have in this division if we dont go up through play offs i really fear us in the future.

8 hours ago, terrytini said:

Wow.

When we Won 1 in 6 or 7 I had no problem Bruce being criticised,

But, personally, I find some of the last few pages embarrassing.

Teams lose games. It’s not always a hanging offence .

I absolutely agree with you and hopefully we can put this down to just a bad day at the office - but would you also not agree that there is  a level of inconsistency that keeps rearing its head at the most inappropriate times ? And this remains a big concern for me - fatigue ? These guys battered Wolves on Saturday - you would have thought they would feel capable of running over hot coals after this - i find fatigue hard to swallow in this day and age - these guys have access to the best diets, nutrition, conditioning coaches, recovery programmes and so forth and again in this day and age - I would have expected Bruce to have been factoring this game into the players schedule/programme for some time.

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

There’s no reason why we should or shouldn’t be fatigued because of what another team is or isn’t feeling.

No I’m not concerned,

In my view we were not all that different from many other games, but if you are 10% off it and the other team is on it it’s tough.

I happen to think the pressure of playing for a big club where promotion is expected is a whole different kettle of fish to playing for Cardiff. I also think we are a bigger scalp and play more big games . As an example for years Man U had that, every game was like a Cip Final for theoppositon. Just a few reasons because I’m tired !

I think we had too much firepower for most teams before tonight, and will have again.

I wasn't suggesting a causal link between other teams' level of tiredness and our own, just making a comparison. We look tired and lose, they don't and don't ... but with the same schedule?

I agree that we weren't that different from other games and that it's the extra effort that makes the difference, but we have very little margin for error, given Cardiff and Fulham's consistency. 

And yes, we probably will have too much firepower for teams again, but will it be too little too late? That's the cause for concern for me. Being off the pace and that causing us to drop points, (we should never be losing), feels quite avoidable. 

Easy to say in hindsight of course, but how many of us sensed last night was on the cards? A fair few I'd say... Even Bruce admitted the same in his post match interview when he called it 'an after the lord mayor's show' performance.

Classic Villa. Sometimes pretty decent, but often not quite up to it.

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Absolutely, also he is one of the most stubborn managers we've ever had. A bit like Wenger in that aspect.

Â