Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't really complain. Injuries and a tough away fixture. Important we respond. Still got to play cardiff and derby. 

Does show the 'i was right for not wanting bruce gone' message in the week was a little premature. 

As I said at the time, I disagreed with the boasting, it ruined the positivity in here. But I also think we should hold fire. Bruce did get it wrong today - without two of our best players, but he has also got a lot right recently. I'll only worry if it becomes a trend, which at the moment it isn't.

• Thanks 1

I have a bit of sympathy for his defensive team selection today.

Calls for Davis, Green and Grabban to start today. Green has played one game since August, Grabban hasn't started a game since December. I like Davis but he hasn't scored a goal since I don't know when.

Calls for RHM and O'Hare to be involved, they were involved v Peterbrough and we weren't great that day. They really should've been loaned out in January.

Ultimately majority of managers would in our situation plump for experienced players to play today particularly as Fulham are a pretty good team at this level.

Heck, Bjarni and Hogan have finally starting playing well last six weeks.

We lost away to a good and inform team. It happens particularly as we weren't at full strength.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Can't really complain. Injuries and a tough away fixture. Important we respond. Still got to play cardiff and derby. 

Does show the 'i was right for not wanting bruce gone' message in the week was a little premature. 

25 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It did baffle me.

2nd with 15 games to go, acting like the job's done.

10 minutes ago, Dick said:

As I said at the time, I disagreed with the boasting, it ruined the positivity in here. But I also think we should hold fire. Bruce did get it wrong today - without two of our best players, but he has also got a lot right recently. I'll only worry if it becomes a trend, which at the moment it isn't.

Was anyone boasting or acting like the job was done?

As far as I could tell the discussion was based around the very possible scenario that we get promoted at the end of the season.

And I don't think anyone could say "I was right for not wanting Bruce gone" as I think pretty much everyone here has wanted him gone at some point.

Certainly when I was having the discussion I was saying I was wrong for wanting him gone assuming we go up.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As far as I could tell the discussion was based around the very possible scenario that we get promoted at the end of the season.

And I don't think anyone could say "I was right for not wanting Bruce gone" as I think pretty much everyone here has wanted him gone at some point.

Certainly when I was having the discussion I was saying I was wrong for wanting him gone assuming we go up.

There were a few posts. The point, for me anyhow, is that we need to just get on with supporting the team. Fans can gave their glories come the end of the season, hopefully. 

• Like 1

Bruce doesn't become a bad manager because of that. The attacking midfield was ripped apart and reorganized accordingly. That second goal killed us and, by changing to 442 we lost any control of midfield and was never going to get it back. 

We can't lose faith or hope by losing at Fulham. We will be fine if everyone keeps their heads and backs the team and coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Bruce doesn't become a bad manager because of that. The attacking midfield was ripped apart and reorganized accordingly. That second goal killed us and, by changing to 442 we lost any control of midfield and was never going to get it back. 

We can't lose faith or hope by losing at Fulham. We will be fine if everyone keeps their heads and backs the team and coaching staff. 

I think the first goal killed us and we never had control of midfield to lose ,

tuanzabe apart it was pretty poor but we must put it behind us and kick on against Preston .

• Like 1

Fulham's interplay, passing and movement were always going to be a problem for us as Bruce just doesn't have the tactical ability/awareness to counter it..

Hopefully just a blip , but with us unfortunately you just can't tell... Momentum is key at this stage of the season....

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fulham's interplay, passing and movement were always going to be a problem for us as Bruce just doesn't have the tactical ability/awareness to counter it..

Hopefully just a blip , but with us unfortunately you just can't tell... Momentum is key at this stage of the season....

Well he countered it pretty well in the first half, we looked quite comfortable. Different story once the first went in though, of course. I wouldn't want to see us play with that midfield again.

• Like 1

Brought crashing back down to earth today.

My prediction has always been that we would finish in the top six and fail to go through in the playoffs with Bruce finally getting the sack.

Can you imagine us playing Fulham at Wembley? Even with Grealish and Adomah back i wouldn`t fancy our chances.

I'm not looking forward to the fire sales next season.

Edited by AshVilla

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Brought crashing back down to earth today.

My prediction has always been that we would finish in the top six and fail to go through in the playoffs with Bruce finally getting the sack.

Can you imagine us playing Fulham at Wembley? Even with Grealish and Adomah back i wouldn`t fancy our chances.

I'm not looking forward to the fire sales next season.

Cheer up might never happen.

In all seriousness the run was going to end and when two of your most important players get injured then it is always going to be difficult against a team like Fulham. We have to bounce back in the next two games. Fail to do that and then I could maybe see where you are coming from. I wasn't that unhappy with the team until I realised Elmo was playing on the right and Snodgrass was on the left. I think playing Tuanzebe centrally with Jedi sitting would have been much more effective. 

Without Grealish and Adomah I would be tempted to go back to having Davis up top with Hourihane behind him and Onomah on the left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My post wasn't aimed at you or any one person.

As soon as we landed in second place there were some mea culpas about wanting SB's head in December.

As you've quoted me, I can involve you directly in explaining my view. You expressed surprise that posters refused to admit they were wrong about him.

Let's assume that their conclusion was and is measureable, e.g. SB cannot get us promoted at the end of this season. We can measure that as true or false.

Why would SB getting us to second suddenly prove he was the right man for us or that those who wanted him gone were wrong?

Why did getting to second place prompt these expressions of regret? What did we win or achieve?

The debate over whether SB can get us promoted isn't settled so no poster who felt he couldn't do so hasn't been proven wrong about anything. Yet.

• Like 1

Face facts guys. When we play shit teams like SHA we win. When we play half decent teams like Fulham we lose. We won't make automatic promotion with a dinosaur like Bruce in charge no matter how much you messiah hunters think we will. If we do then I will eat my hat and humble pie.

Edited by pacbuddies

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

My post wasn't aimed at you or any one person.

As soon as we landed in second place there were some mea culpas about wanting SB's head in December.

As you've quoted me, I can involve you directly in explaining my view. You expressed surprise that posters refused to admit they were wrong about him.

Let's assume that their conclusion was and is measureable, e.g. SB cannot get us promoted at the end of this season. We can measure that as true or false.

Why would SB getting us to second suddenly prove he was the right man for us or that those who wanted him gone were wrong?

Why did getting to second place prompt these expressions of regret? What did we win or achieve?

The debate over whether SB can get us promoted isn't settled so no poster who felt he couldn't do so hasn't been proven wrong about anything. Yet.

The key is my suggestion that posters, including myself, admitting they were wrong about Bruce was on the assumption that we do go up. 

If you go back and read my posts they were always “posters would be proved wrong IF we go up”

nobody is provided either way yet. 

Â