Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Totally agree.  Just because I support him now doesn't mean that support will continue indefinitely.  We go up next season or he's gone.  But then he already knows that's the case and has said as much in interviews.

Indeed - i think the perception of us bruce backers is that our support is indefinite. we want him to start next season as manager and see how he gets on

• Like 3

Just now, tomav84 said:

Indeed - i think the perception of us bruce backers is that our support is indefinite. we want him to start next season as manager and see how he gets on

If we dont have 10ish points from our first 5 games I will become grasshopper mk2

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If we dont have 10ish points from our first 5 games I will become grasshopper mk2

oh there will be loads of grasshoppers if that's the case...think the technical term is a swarm?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

oh there will be loads of grasshoppers if that's the case...think the technical term is a swarm?

He will hate having lots of groupies so much so he will start defending SB just to be different. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, blandy said:

and We're still not remotely near the finished article signifies that the current team isn't anywhere near what he wants.

I read it that way too. 

But just a couple of weeks ago, he said something along the lines of;

'We can't keep having a big turn over of players, there will only be small changes in the summer, 1 or 2 in and a couple more out'

The two comments contradict each other massively. 

12 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

It takes serious training and commitment

If we start next season poorly your efforts will pale into insignificance compared to what I will unleash on this thread. 

As @BOF said my backing is not indefinite, I back him because I truly believe we will kick ass next season with SB at the helm. 

Then as someone said earlier he will be given his chance in the Premier League and if he doesn't take it we will do a Southampton and get in the very best manager we can attract. One who plays progressive football I assure you. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think one of the fears of some, which has validity, is that by that time it may have been too late if things go tits up early on.

And next season would be in danger of being this season MK2!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think one of the fears of some, which has validity, is that by that time it may have been too late if things go tits up early on.

But this can be said of whoever is the manager. Whoever is in charge, there is always a risk that we won't get the start we should.

For the reasons outlined before in this thread, and the fact that Bruce would have had most of a season, a whole preseason and two windows with the club, I would argue he's the least risky option for a strong start next season.

• Like 2

You can support Bruce but still want us to do better. You can still expect us to play better football. You can't be successful playing the way we are. We will need to improve if we want to go up next year. Hoping Bruce can get more from this group isn't a bad thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This. And then we will be expecting the next manager to do something next season that Bruce could not do this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

This.

I also think there's a perception that people who want Bruce NOW, want Bruce forever.

My desire for Bruce to be our manager stems from our immediate needs. Promotion and a year in the prem. Bruce can deliver that, imo.

If someone told me he'd still be our manager in 5 years I'd be upset, unless of course he smashes through his own ceiling, but  I think that's unlikely

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So just noticed the form of Leeds and Huddersfield, guessing everyone who wants Bruce out new favourite for the job is Jaap Stam now? 

Bruce just won his last game......get him in!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

The improvements under Bruce haven't really been enough. When he came in it was widely expected that we'd make some sort of playoff push, but we haven't done this at all. IMO he has fallen short of pretty realistic expectations. The only, and I mean only reason I wouldn't mind him being here next season is purely for continuity. I'm fed up of the endless cycle of new managers. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Quietly confident we will be challenging top 6. That's it? That's the level you're at?

With the money invested this season and I have no doubt in the summer, we should be top 6 if not challenging for automatic promotion. 

I assumed people who wanted to keep Bruce had more belief than quietly confident we will challenge for playoffs. 

You're absolutely right ,all that money spent, and some more to splash in the Summer, top 6 is a minimum , no more excuses , please .

On 4/24/2017 at 15:16, srsmithusa said:

I'm happy that he is not happy about how we are playing.  That's a good sign.

I'm not convinced that he's doing the right things to fix it.  

The slowness with which these "shoots of recovery" are growing cause me to be uncertain that he is doing the right things, or maybe not doing the right things effectively enough.  He lost me in February.  He bought more time from me in March.  Now I'm waiting to see what he does to FIX the (long list of) things that aren't right.

Maybe he is trying but its not working.

I wished you had of been standing next to me when I was listening to Graham Taylor explaining the rudiments of building a team that has just gone through seasons of demise and the management behind the scenes was woeful......It was enlightening and in my opinion very well explained.He said you can't just sign players in the first batch and expect to fix a broken team....it has to evolve.

You might be a bit more understanding with the size of the task SB has.

He knows all what we know, he see's all what we see.....that does not mean he can fix it with what he has, otherwise, he would.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

@TRO

IMG_4367.JPG

Tro with a stick to beat us with, trying to fight off all the Grasshoppers

You Tinker!!!!:)

Edited by TRO

Â