Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Opinions are like...........

Joking aside

Why do you post things like this?

Tro, you bang on about this and that. BUT. You are 100% completely wrong in stating such stuff. You cant possibly claim to KNOW that what you say will happen in the future is going to be true.

The likes of you and other of this opinion "Bruce WILL get us promoted" "4 promotion is proof he'll do it for us" " he knows what he's doing".........etc

So let me enlighten you with a bit of logic if I may.

One camp says he will get us promoted next year

One camp says he wont

Some are on the fence (however, many of these are having their doubts, but are prepared to give him a chance to prove he can/cant)

He HAS NOT got us promoted this season, despite having over 30 games, a lot of money spent (in & out) and 7 months+ to get us anywhere near the type of firm AND results that would garantee promotion next season.

EVEN IF you dont deem the above as "facts" the truth about the balance of either opinion being right OR wrong is - Those who believe he is NOT the manager capable of getting us promoted ARE in fact, CLOSER to the TRUTH than those who "claim/state" he will get us promoted, simply by definition. WHY?

BECAUSE HE HAS NOT GOT US PROMOTED. SO HE HAS NOT PROVED YOU RIGHT.

Of course he hasn't proved me right.....he is in the middle of an incomplete job.

it seems You was expecting the job to be complete after one window, in terms of promotion.....does that make him no good or your judgment impaired?

There have been many positives that have been written by many posters and to my knowledge you have embraced none....you  say no one understands your point have you tried once to understand the counter argument.....no?

you call us out for having a strong opinion, but you are equally as intransigent with yours.

look, I have no issue with your opinion of him....I just disagree with you.

you think the football is shit, so do I ......you think he can't fix it, that's where we go our separate ways.

I was never expecting promotion this season, that's where we differ again.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, sne said:

Well, he also had consecutive success and promotions for those 6 seasons.

So I would say that is the significant bit.

It is true......but how long did it take him to start?

division 4 in 6 seasons, suggests it could be 2, but I,m asking you.....but hey!.....each job has so many different challenges, it always subjective to make these kind of comparisons with teams in different countries to Uk.

our guy has started almost immediately with wins......he just had a lot more to focus on.....so there is a tangible level of improvement.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I'm happy that he is not happy about how we are playing.  That's a good sign.

I'm not convinced that he's doing the right things to fix it.  

The slowness with which these "shoots of recovery" are growing cause me to be uncertain that he is doing the right things, or maybe not doing the right things effectively enough.  He lost me in February.  He bought more time from me in March.  Now I'm waiting to see what he does to FIX the (long list of) things that aren't right.

Write to him he may give you a much better explanation than we have.....and more credible.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is true......but how long did it take him to start?

division 4 in 6 seasons, suggests it could be 2, but I,m asking you.....but hey!.....each job has so many different challenges, it always subjective to make these kind of comparisons with teams in different countries to Uk.

our guy has started almost immediately with wins......he just had a lot more to focus on.....so there is a tangible level of improvement.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Promotions his first 2 seasons, then 10th followed by 5th and then promotion again.

But it doesn't matter.

They are playing in red and black, I'm sure it's much harder getting results when playing in claret and blue.

And I wasn't actually making any comparison between Potter and Bruce in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

you mean he doesn't read and respond on VT ?

Well I simply don't know, but I would imagine not.......but hey, what do we know?

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Promotions his first 2 seasons, then 10th followed by 5th and then promotion again.

But it doesn't matter.

They are playing in red and black, I'm sure it's much harder getting results when playing in claret and blue.

And I wasn't actually making any comparison between Potter and Bruce in the first place.

That's ridiculous.....How can you compare Harry Potter with Steve Bruce.

everyone knows ones got a magic wand:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That's ridiculous.....How can you compare Harry Potter with Steve Bruce.

everyone knows ones got a magic wand:D

Yeah I know, those things are banned in the UK.

Probably why he moved to Sweden :)

• Like 1

Well I'm still behind him.

I want to see more in terms of ability, movement, composure. I'm pleased that he recognises this whilst also acknowledging our resilience. 

The rot has been well and truly stopped. It's time to push things forward Steve. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah I know, those things are banned in the UK.

Probably why he moved to Sweden :)

I heard he was an ABBA fan and shops at IKEA..... I better get back on topic.:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think we're improving. 

Bruce had a good start with us, that gave him a bit of time. He's clearly found something that works too. Neil Taylor getting injured and him having no realistic option but to play Amavi is more bad luck than anything. Without Amavi, we look very solid at the back and it's not often we don't score. That's a formula for winning games and not losing many IMO. 

Seriously, you think we're improving? The last few games have been poor - but we've picked up a few wins.

I can't remember the last time we dominated a game. The last time I thought "yeah, we've nailed this one". Maybe it was 3-0 against Rotherham. 

• Like 4

Even if he does manage to get us promoted and it's a big if do you honestly see him doing well in the premiership?

His record wouldn't suggest it. So if he does get us up we're more than likely looking at a low finishing or relegating season in the premiership. And we change manager then and start again.

The style of play we currently play and which Bruce has us playing will not get us where we want to be in the long term. Why waste a couple of seasons now before we realise it.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Seriously, you think we're improving? The last few games have been poor - but we've picked up a few wins.

I can't remember the last time we dominated a game. The last time I thought "yeah, we've nailed this one". Maybe it was 3-0 against Rotherham. 

That really is the only game this season where we've controlled an entire game. 

And I'm with you when it comes to improving. The result was an improvement but the fact we needed Gabby to show any sort of urgency or will to win after an hour of football in a derby game speaks volumes about the state of our team under Bruce. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That really is the only game this season where we've controlled an entire game. 

And I'm with you when it comes to improving. The result was an improvement but the fact we needed Gabby to show any sort of urgency or will to win after an hour of football in a derby game speaks volumes about the state of our team under Bruce. 

It shows he was astute enough to know how to get a result. (Unlike his opposite number.)

I'm struggling to find even a few chapters more about what it tells us, let alone "volumes".

Â