Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought it was quite clearly a 4-3-3. In fact if you look at the heatmap of the last two games it's clear as day. The right side is generally more advanced than the left, which backs up the theory that we rely on Hutton in an attacking sense more than we should. 

He has always used 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 though, as far as I'm aware. 

I was wondering if it was a 4-1-4-1, but I guess the difference between 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-3 is quite small or almost academic depending on how far up the pitch the wide players are playing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Lerner would never have picked Bruce would he. His managerial appointments will tell you that.

He picked (well someone at the club did) MON and McLeish.

For me those 2 fall in about the same category managers as Bruce. Not that they are all that similar in style perhaps.

Former British players with old school 4-4-2 background having mostly managed smaller English clubs to relative success.

Although MON and McLeish both have had careers in the exotic Scottish league...

Edited by sne

On 3/3/2017 at 02:24, Villan_of_oz said:

If we drew every game 2-2, but played beautiful football, we would still probably get relegated. If we won every game 1-0, playing ugly, we would win the league. How is this even a debate. If you want to watch pretty football, play FIFA 17.

You haven't read my posts, so why make up a scenario that I'm not talking about?

It's a not a debate between drawing every game and winning every game.  **** hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

He picked (well someone at the club did) MON and McLeish.

For me those 2 fall in about the same category managers as Bruce. Not that they are all that similar in style perhaps.

I think Lerners money and vision for the club at that time certainly attracted O'Neill but I would imagine it was Ellis and Stride who identified him.

McLeish came here on the back of a relegation something we were hoping to avoid, Bruce came months after achieving another promotion something we are hoping to achieve.

5 hours ago, JE- said:

No Because no business person ever acquires any business to make any a return on investment I mean what are all those idiots on dragons den thinking they should stand to lose money every year just t like our genius owner 

You've turned "Xia has said he didn't buy Villa to make money" in to "NOBODY EVER WANTS TO MAKE MONEY".

People like Xia who have various businesses don't mind having one loss maker if others make him money. Especially if that loss maker has growth potential and will help improve others as a result.

You seriously think he's not happy to run Villa at a loss in the Championship, with the hope to get us back in the Premier League where the money increases, and also increases awareness for his other businesses via sponsorship at Villa? A team that would then have a global audience?

**** stability needs to go in the summer. His turgid football, lack of tactical acumen and failure to coach the basics is harming us more than getting rid will do.

The players he has at his disposal are better than the results & performances IF utilised correctly with a coherent plan. 

If Bruce is the answer then I'm going to start questioning Wyness & Rounds vision for the club cause thus far it ain't working. Nothing but sound bites so far. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

**** stability needs to go in the summer. His turgid football, lack of tactical acumen and failure to coach the basics is harming us more than getting rid will do.

The players he has at his disposal are better than the results & performances IF utilised correctly with a coherent plan. 

If Bruce is the answer then I'm going to start questioning Wyness & Rounds vision for the club cause thus far it ain't working. Nothing but sound bites so far. 

We've just won 2-0 and this is the reaction? You would combust if we lost 2-0.

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Possibly the right sentiment, probably the wrong timing :P

• Like 1

Don't have faith he will get us promoted but 3 consecutive wins is excellent. It can't be argued with really. 

It doesn't mean everything will be great but it's a fantastic run after an abysmal period. Continue this way and have a really strong finish and he will fully deserve the chance next year. 

I'm hoping to become more convinced. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Question all you like. He's here to stay. :)

I'm not fickle enough to change my views on him just because he has won 3 games in a row after losing 7 games in a row. 

I don't like the way he plays the game and his anti football isn't getting the best out of the players he has at his disposal. 

Happy with the 3 points but Bruce has not shown me anything to suggest he is the man to rebuild us or will make us force to contend with next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I'm hoping once the confidence levels are high, the football will improve. 

Good win.

Three in a row.

Three clean sheets.

:flag:

Definite progress, two tough games up next so we will soon see how much.

• Like 1

Â