Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Good team talk, completely changed the way we were playing. Johnstone stopped launching the ball long and played it short. This gave us a better platform to build from meaning we kept possession more.

We've obviously worked on our defensive structure a lot in training and it's starting to take fruition. Hopefully Bruce is fully over his slump and we can start making progress for next year.

• Like 1

More of that second half football and things will get better. It's really no surprise once we stopped the constant hoofing the team played better. 

We've got good players here. Lets keep the ball on the ground. 

• Like 4

Not good first half despite some ok moments..... I wasn't by any means the only one convinced he restricts our players going forward by design.

Then suddenly !! We got it down, allowed the midfield to push on past the 'gain line', and looked like a decent side. 

Allied as it was to the steelier approach we saw on Saturday it was a relief and enjoyable.

It was only Bristol though, and first half they showed far more attacking intent than us, so, long way to go, BUT IF he sees he wisdom in that more aggressive, offensive approach, we may start getting somewhere.

Avtually enjoyed that second half so a plus for that !

• Like 2

Bruccy baby see what happens when you let the good players you signed play? Now then do it again on Saturday and until the end of the season and we'll all love you for it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been one of his most vocal critics but bar Gardner starting which was remedied I thought he got it right for once albeit against relegation threatened team

One that just took a point off the potential champions at home......give us just a tad of credit......even if it is just for the second half.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I thought Gardners energy in the first half was crucial. I have no criticisms of the manager today, even for the first half performance which was scrappy as hell. They are clearly still struggling a bit with confidence, but that second half will do them the world of good. 

Excellent. I can't wait till Saturday, desperate to break that away hoodoo. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought Gardners energy in the first half was crucial. I have no criticisms of the manager today, even for the first half performance which was scrappy as hell. They are clearly still struggling a bit with confidence, but that second half will do them the world of good. 

Excellent. I can't wait till Saturday, desperate to break that away hoodoo. 

Do you mean the away hoodoo that hasn't seen us win away since the last time we won away at QPR? :D

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, maybe it's a case of the team beginning to gel and Bruce's intentions finally translating into the pitch, rather than this farcical implication that the team are starting to play better despite Bruce?

Don't be silly. Clearly Bruce had told them all not to press, play defensively as possible and forget all the basics of football. Yesterday at half time he told them to do the opposite and it worked! Genius.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, maybe it's a case of the team beginning to gel and Bruce's intentions finally translating into the pitch, rather than this farcical implication that the team are starting to play better despite Bruce?

If Hogan was fit I have no doubt we'd be playing 2 up front who have no idea how to play together. Maybe it would finally have clicked, but on previous evidence I doubt it. 

Defence is looking better and he deserves credit for that and also midfield with Jedinak has improved. But again, that just makes me question why we didn't play Gardner holding to allow lansbury more freedom in the first place. 

It's a small start in improving. But he needs to promote us next year, still a long way from looking like that can happen. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A small start in improving. But he needs to promote us next year, still a long way from looking like that can happen. 

Correct and at this precise point in time you, me and everyone else has a choice... do we take encouragement from the signs and add our own support to the momentum, (despite our doubts), or do we continue to pick holes, moan and secretly hope for the next fall that will prove us right?

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Correct and at this precise point in time you, me and everyone else has a choice... do we take encouragement from the signs and add our own support to the momentum, (despite our doubts), or do we continue to pick holes, moan and secretly hope for the next fall that will prove us right?

I'll continue to moan and pick holes if there's obvious and clear flaws IMO. 

Hope we fall so I can be proved right? What a load of shit. Yes I hope I can keep going to watch my club in the championship for many years so I can say I was right on an internet forum. Good lord. 

• Like 2

Â