Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't really get how Bruce can be blamed for this. I thought we played quite well. Again stupid mistakes and punished yet nothing drops for us. 

Because the bits that looked good are the most elementary things that have taken him an eternity. Pressing the opposition, players being committed and aggressive, allowing the midfield to cross halfway.

But the reason we are losing isn't luck, it's a continuation of an overly cautious game plan ( that sees Thor instead of Adomah or Green and Kodja spending half the game at Left back) with Jogan isolated and any chances coming as a result of breakaways or set pieces, in short, the key component of Bruce's tactics since he arrived.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Any argument for stability with Bruce is rubbish. There's absolutely nothing happening that's stable. Different formations, different players, players in different positions. He's not building anything he's winging it. Making it up as he goes along hoping for something to work. 

I'm amazed at just how terrible he's turned out to be. 

Spot on.

After half a season under him nobody other than Hutton knows  their job and Hutton still does the one he did when we got relegated !

There is NO method or pattern to his selections, or substitutions, with the only constant being we sit deep, hope for breakaways, and refer to leave flair out in preference to 'effort' players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

The silliest thing is that the squad has a decent balance to it, it's just weird formations and decisions the last month that are doing us in.  

I still think that playing Gabby stopped any chance of momentum in January. We'd have been better off with Gestede and wingers till we got a settled team with new players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

I still think that playing Gabby stopped any chance of momentum in January. We'd have been better off with Gestede and wingers till we got a settled team with new players.

Every mistake has contributed and holy shit he's made a ton of them

• Like 1

My son is 17. When I was 17 I was watching Ron Saunders build League and European Cup winning teams, he gets to watch Bruce build a shambles. For the love of God, for the sake of my son's football passions will someone remove Bruce from AVFC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bretonvilla said:

Telling piece of commentary from WM . Hogan down with a bad injury and not one of our lot even went to have a look at him .  Team spirit ??? Bunch of arseholes ,,,again ! 

Hutton did 

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

2-0 down and he waits another 10 minutes before he makes any changes.............Name me any other manager so would do that?

and not even tactical changes. mainly like for like. Bacuna and Gardner are decent pros but they arent game changers in a million years

2 minutes ago, bretonvilla said:

Telling piece of commentary from WM . Hogan down with a bad injury and not one of our lot even went to have a look at him .  Team spirit ??? Bunch of arseholes ,,,again ! 

How can you have team spirit when 6 of the starting 11 only have known each other for 2 or 3 weeks and same with other 5 knowing them.

He looks like all the life has gone from him. 

I thought he was exactly what we needed, despite not being my number one choice (that was Dyche). But it seems this club has done in another manager. Aston Villa the ruin of managers.

The worrying thing is where we go now. Even if he goes now (which I don't think he will, I think Xia will stick with him longer), who do we get in. No decent manager is going to come in at this stage of the season, especially if his current team is in the promotion place.

I really don't know how you solve Villa.

• Like 1

Â