Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

chelsea and spurs both effectively have 2 holding mids-both teams damn difficult to beat

Chelsea in a 3 5 2 - Kante and Matic

spuds- wanyama and dembele- 4 2 3 1 formation 

[pedant]Chelsea play 343 Moses and Alonso as wing backs and front 3 of Pedro Costa Hazard [/pedant]

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Lets just drop our top scorer, the man who has literally carried us this season. Good one.

So we keep our reliance on a loan crusader rather than build a team?

Kodgia and Hogan both look to me like lone strikers, they are not linking at all (yet!).  We have goals and assists in Landsbury, Hourihane but at the moment they are trying to play through balls from deep.  If you want possession you have to build it as a team, so yes, I would bench him.

Read what I said, your best players are not always your best team!

• Like 1

No point changing manager again this season unless Bruce loses the next three games. Surely he will turn this mess around once he gets a break and things click.

He is defo not the future but any new manager has to be rock solid and not a knee jerk reaction. His contract is up in the summer, maybe the snr management team are considering their options.

If reports are true that we played well but had bad breaks on Tuesday, maybe we just need some luck and to get Hogey firing. No goals from midfield yet.....

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

No point changing manager again this season unless Bruce loses the next three games. Surely he will turn this mess around once he gets a break and things click.

He is defo not the future but any new manager has to be rock solid and not a knee jerk reaction. His contract is up in the summer, maybe the snr management team are considering their options.

If reports are true that we played well but had bad breaks on Tuesday, maybe we just need some luck and to get Hogey firing. No goals from midfield yet.....

Swansea were heading for certain relegation and got an absolute gem in Clement, their 3rd manager this season and he's turned them around immediately. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Swansea were heading for certain relegation and got an absolute gem in Clement, their 3rd manager this season and he's turned them around immediately. 

We would be a laughing stock, 6 managers in two years, what confidence does that give any candidate. At least Bruce has pedigree, unlike Bradley. At least he can dig deep into experience now. We need to trust and let him work from now until the end of the season. If he gets momentum, let him run into next season, if not goodbye in the summer.

Edited by thunderball

I know we have a lot of shots on goal and created numerous chances but can anyone tell me the % of time we have spent in possession in the opponents final third. What I'm getting at is can shoot all you like but you won't score with every shot. Does the ball after our shot come straight back out which is my suspicion. We need to build pressure and hold the ball in their 3rd.

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We would be a laughing stock, 6 managers in two years, what confidence does that give any candidate. At least Bruce has pedigree, unlike Bradley. At least he can dig deep into experience now. We need to trust and let him work from now until the end of the season. If he gets momentum, let him run into next season, if not goodbye in the summer.

We'd be a bigger laughing stock if we were in 3 divisions in 3 years. The desire for stability I understand, but not at all costs. Appoint Mourinho and let 'em laugh!

12 hours ago, mykeyb said:

In your opinion which members of the team aren't carrying out the managers instructions? 

I believe that they all want to win, all want to play well but they need a system in place that helps to get the best out of them. Playing a midfield four of Adomah, Hourihane, Lansbury and Grealish was completely lacking in steel and grit and the final result was no surprise. Manager or players to blame for that?

I agree and that is the managers call.....but when you don't have another DM what options do you have?

I am not saying any particular player is defying instructions.....I'm saying that could be the case......when don't know if they are being told properly but not doing it.

I do not see any of our players closing down, getting their foot in, winning high balls in a regular fashion, tracking back......do you think they are told to do that?

There is no physical desire to compete.....that is not the instructions of the manager.

Â